Ambient lighting | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient lighting

I have it in my Limited. I think it's stupid, but cool. My young daughters like it, and I let them pick the "color of the week".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the add on kit only includes the cupholders and a couple lightbars for the footwells.

I'm still waiting for someone that has added it on so we can find out exactly what it does do. The dealership seems to have no idea how the kit works, or that it was even available. No one could answer if it integrated with MFT, etc.

@DavidM...well, I guess your dealer is referring to those 18-22 years old as "having no EARNED income but receiving a lot of passive investment income from their investments that his/her parents or grandparents set up...." :D I always wanna be ONE, but I am still working like a dog!

Similar to your situation, I can't afford the Ltd, only a XLT with upgrades that I want and can afford. I am thinking to add the interior light too since it's only $270 MSRP. I know what you mean; those images with interior light (blue) looks great, and that's how I get hooked to this option. Too bad they don't offer the HID option at XLT trim level; I want it too.

I am 40 and I love the interior light!

My XLT is suppose to arrive and I have ordered the lighting to be installed prior to pickup. I will let you know when I get it what it offers.

My XLT is suppose to arrive and I have ordered the lighting to be installed prior to pickup. I will let you know when I get it what it offers.

Awesome.. detailed review and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

I've yet to receive my X Limited, but I so hope the ambient lighting stops, "MOOOOOMMMMM!!! I DROPPED <toy of the day here> AND I DON'T SEE IT!! IT'S GONE FOREVER!!!" If it stops that, I will kiss the engineer who added it in. It'll be right up there with pay at the pump gas.

I've yet to receive my X Limited, but I so hope the ambient lighting stops, "MOOOOOMMMMM!!! I DROPPED <toy of the day here> AND I DON'T SEE IT!! IT'S GONE FOREVER!!!" If it stops that, I will kiss the engineer who added it in. It'll be right up there with pay at the pump gas.

It's really not that bright of a light source.

I'm 60 and it appeals to me. I think it's awesome. Changed mine to green until St. Patrick's Day.

back from a dealer last night to test drive a XLT and to negotiate a deal. the next day morning, i called back the dealer and wanted to add 2 things: Interior Light Kit aka Ambient Light and BLIS system. The dealer was not sure if the interior light was a stand alone option, so I told him that at ford.com "build a car", I was able to add that interior light kit as an option on the XLT. the dealer was not sure but said to call me back.

the dealer called me back and told me that the interior light kit was not a stand alone option on the XLT but standard on Limited (i know that!). Well, anyway, I told the dealer to order mine without the interior light then; nothing really i can do if the dealer could not pull that option on the XLT to do the pricing and ordering.

if someone can order this on his/her XLT as a stand alone option, I am going to be so pissed, haha!!!

I would install it myself. There has to be some wiring harnesses already there. Anyone have the diagram?

if someone can order this on his/her XLT as a stand alone option, I am going to be so pissed, haha!!!

it is definitely available as a dealer installed option
point them to ford's accessories store on the ford website

part # 8L8Z_13E700_AA
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Explorer~2011~8L8Z_13E700_AA

The only thing is, no one knows if this is exactly the same as what comes on the limited, or if it's a "lite" version that is missing integration with MFT, etc.

It's really not that bright of a light source.

Bummer. But, maybe they'll like it enough to stop freaking out when something drops at night into the abyss of the floor.

@1995E: if you are going to install it, please keep me posted. thanks

Is it possible to add the Ambient light that comes in the Limited on an XLT if I buy it separately?
Will it show on MyFord Touch after configuring it?

Hey Raniani,

As w1kedz mentioned, you are able to purchase this kit separately. I recommend going to the website (www.FordAccessoriesStore.com) and checking it out for yourself. You can choose to request a quote at your local dealer as well as schedule an appointment on this site. Your MyFord touch will not be compatible with it after configuration, you will have a control switch allowing you to control it, like a non-MyFord Touch installed vehicle would have. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you! :D

Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Raniani,

As w1kedz mentioned, you are able to purchase this kit separately. I recommend going to the website (www.FordAccessoriesStore.com) and checking it out for yourself. You can choose to request a quote at your local dealer as well as schedule an appointment on this site. I do believe that your MyFord touch will be compatible with it after configuration. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you! :D

Seni
Ford Customer Service Division

So it is your belief that this is the EXACT SAME kit that is installed at the factory? Will this bring the same factory ambient lighting to the car in a dealer installed accessory? I can't get this answered anywhere, or by anyone.

Back