• Register Today It's free!

amp and sub install

billyboy5151

Reaction score
City, State
san diego, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 SPORT
hey im i bought 2 infinity 12's and a power acoustik Ts-1440-2 amp. I want to hook them up into the factory deck on my 01 explorer sport. i know about wiring the subs to the amp but dont have expiereience in hooking up an amp and need some help. im wondering if there is anyone who knows how to do this or anyone in San Diego who would be willing to help me install for $?

I dont think you can hook it up to the factory head unit. Even if you can, it won't sound good. Your better off buying an aftermarket head unit.

hey billy, im in the same situation as u are. i have a monochannel amp and 2 mtx 4500's. i plan on buying a new headunit. with the stock head unit you would have to buy an adapter to allow for the amp hook up. i suggest buying a new head unit, it will make install much easier and make the overall sound quality better

to install the amp you need to purchase an amp install kit. you can find these at best buy or audio dealers online. you also need to buy the DIN removal tool, to remove the Ford Stock Headunit(3 bucks at walmart)
and if you buy a new head unit you need to purchase at head unit kit, to make the head unit fit the the old stock head unit area.

good luck

Back