Amp location on 2014 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amp location on 2014 Limited

amcberetta

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Black Limited 4X4 302A
Does anyone know where the amp is located on the 2014 Limited w/Sony stereo system. I was searching the threads and couldn't find the answer. So If I am repeating a previous thread I apologize in advance! I think it may be under the passenger seat or behind the dash?
My 2nd question does it have controls on it to increase power, because I have to turn my volume up over half just to hear the radio when I have the window down. Does anyone else think the sound is weak? I had a Focus as a loaner and couldn't even turn the volume to half before it was really loud which also had the Sony in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think there's a subwoofer in the rear cargo area on the passenger side.

I am interested to know but I doubt we can increase the power. My wife's focus with the sony system is NIGHT AND DAY better then the Explorer which I find odd. Sure the Explorer is larger so there will be some sound loss but the focus's sub can be easily felt in the car and in the explorer I don't even know if my sub is on unless I open the rear gate and listen at the grill....

check to see if you radio is set on surround sound or Stereo, there is a difference in sound. I prefer the Stereo mode

Does anyone know where the amp is located on the 2014 Limited w/Sony stereo system. I was searching the threads and couldn't find the answer. So If I am repeating a previous thread I apologize in advance! I think it may be under the passenger seat or behind the dash?
My 2nd question does it have controls on it to increase power, because I have to turn my volume up over half just to hear the radio when I have the window down. Does anyone else think the sound is weak? I had a Focus as a loaner and couldn't even turn the volume to half before it was really loud which also had the Sony in it.

He's right its in the rear 1/4 passenger side under the plastic cargo side trim.

There are many threads on upgrading the amp, some with really good pictures.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348974&highlight=Upgrading+Sony+Amp&page=7

Back