• Register Today It's free!

Annnnnd to the shop we go. Neat.

Jbcain

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer ST
Short lived, at 1100 miles. Everything to do with radar or proximity sensors lit the dash up. Service 4wd, Hill start fault, accident avoidance fault, backup brake fault, no cruise, no Lane keep, no driving modes.

Yippee
Screenshot_20190930-075003_Torque.jpg
20190930_075046.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"Sir, you had it in trail mode". No, I didn't.
" The tech said you did". Ok, here's the picture of it locked in Normal mode....
"Well, we can keep it for a while I guess".
No thanks, I'll bring it back when it does it again, and again. Then we'll do the lemon law.

Guess I was right. Got video this time, 50miles after I took it home.

@Jbcain,

I've been closely following this forum, as well as all of the reports on the internet (i.e. Detroit Free Press) regarding the "all over the map" ongoing problems with the 2020 Explorer.

Detroit Free Press Article on Explorer Problems: Mysterious problems disrupt delivery of 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator

I understand your frustration given all the $$$$ you've put on the table for your Brand New Ex, and I too wouldn't want to leave it with a dealership that gives you no confidence with their "plan to fix" and conveyed to you as "Well, we can keep it for a while I guess"...

Just sayin', and I'm on your side - the way the summary of Kansas Lemon Law is written, it appears that you will have to give FORD the opportunity to "repair" the fault you are experiencing, before you can initiate the Lemon Law.

Here's what the Kansas Consumer Protection page says with regards to your states Lemon Law:

LINK: YOUR Home and Car - In Your Corner Kansas

"The Kansas Lemon Law provides that after a certain number of repairs have been unsuccessfully attempted, during a finite period, or the vehicle is out of service for a certain number of days, also during a given period, then the vehicle might be presumed to be a lemon."

IMPORTANT NOTE: I can not find the actual wording to the Kansas Lemon Law, ONLY the summary as quoted above.

With that said, it would behoove you to find the actual wording to the Kansas Lemon Law ASAP so you know your Consumer Rights.

I clicked around, and can't find it on the link listed, so I would suggest you contact the Kansas Consumer Protection Division for an actual copy (or link).

Hope that helps & good luck!

It's 4 times for the same problem OR extended shop time for one unresolved.

Technically, I'm on my 2nd visit already

It's 4 times for the same problem OR extended shop time for one unresolved.

Technically, I'm on my 2nd visit already

@Jbcain

It goes without saying to document everything.

Every time you go to the dealership get actual paper copies written up that clearly list the problem your Ex is experiencing, as well as LIST the names of the people you're dealing with AND their position/job.

To clarify - the docs for your complaint should read like a book; the problem(s) synopsis should be consistent - listing the problem exactly the same way, and everybody involved should be listed on there. Get them to staple their business cards to it, that's even better. A 3rd party will be reviewing your complaint and you want them to clearly understand everything right from the get go.

Indeed, will do.

While I'm just your average construction worker, I married into a family of lawyers and judges. The family group texts are already flying .

Indeed, will do.

While I'm just your average construction worker, I married into a family of lawyers and judges. The family group texts are already flying .

Sounds like you're in good hands ;)

Good luck and keep us advised!

Timing is everything in life, this just arrived today... Guess I won't be needing this for a while. Lucky for me I suppose.

20191001_122043.jpg

Who's tune were you going with?

New front differential and differential actuator ordered. Guess we'll see if they beat the 30day time crunch. Over Half way there...

Took your comment into consideration, still no joy
View attachment 174269
Did you have ReeBok's, Sketchers or Nike's? The vehicle will NOT reset and behave unless you have completed the step requirements using 1993 Air Jordan's Silver Limited Edition, and only the ones made in Singapore (not the China variety). If not, you are doomed to live with these faults!

Sorry. Feeling you pain, ours in the shop two weeks already.

Back