• Register Today It's free!

Another 2006 question

paddd

Reaction score
City, State
Edgeley Saskatchewan Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
In my 2006 ranger, the lock/unlock and window switches do not light up, are they supposed to, if not can I get switches that light up and install them will I have to add wiring? Also will a center console, the one with 2 pockets and the change area from a 97 explorer fit in place of the present console that has the airbag key on top of it? i'd like to install the explorer one because it has more storage.
thanks again

The door switches are not lit and I have seen none that will interchange with a Ranger. The stock door harness does not have any illumination wires. The closest mod I've seen was an LED added in the handle pocket above the switches to cast a little light down on them.

I have the full length 95~01 Ex console between the buckets in my 2003 Ranger and it was a near bolt in. I think the same thing is possible in a 2006 Ranger with buckets.

Mine has the trip computer insert in place of the cubbies but the main body of the console is the same:

mJWoDmcJU8KiGnT4GY8t2P6lo0PjKIC4nTwWHhzyQqiSstR6xDJ3xWjFMLmHjvMpO7_x3HeI4yoxoH2KciMnvSXvzKfJNdUHuGVjsfsBukx_WKBvgR7lGPeY9cRc_xUw

csMz1xXxnD-LgogDUex7lYNb7Dww8TMUWMsBdP4L9DUwAuUfCpZok0TsWgeVJ6gd-XRmUhAJkjF3xk9AeMA7BFFPuV-BEGfxPiMfM6KOwmg

Thanks for the help, this is the best place for a new ranger owner like me to get info thanks again

Back