• Register Today It's free!

another 33"" fitment thread

bdt115

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
thinking about buying some 33 x 12.5 x 15 bfg km's.......will they fit my stock rims??? 99 explorer xlt 4x4....i dont think they will but im hoping im wrong

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure how wide ur rims are on the 99...my '97 only has 15x7 rims....BFG site says u need 8.5"-11" wide rims for that size...you'll probly need a lift kit too...there are several write-ups about this on the site...I'dd send you the right link but I'm new on here and still figuring where stuff is. Hope this helps a lil.

my wheels are only 15x7 so i guess thats a no...but i already have a lift bought just need to install it...wanted to buy tires so the stock ones didnt look small and stupid on there...dont have a lot of money for rims though.

you can put 33/12.50s on 15x7 rims but on your stock rims you will most likely rub.

my wheels are only 15x7 so i guess thats a no...but i already have a lift bought just need to install it...wanted to buy tires so the stock ones didnt look small and stupid on there...dont have a lot of money for rims though.

I looked at BFG site again... 32's will work on 8"-10" wide...and 31's will work on 7"-8" wide. I still got the stock 235x75x15's on mine and am shopping too. So I know what ur going thru...lol

I also found the thread on this site that gives many helpful links:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208483

im not the smartest guy when it comes to rim/tire combos, but putting 33" x 12.50" tires on a stock 15" x 7" rim seems iffy. if money is an issue for rims, just troll craigslist until you find a decent set that are wider than your stock rims for cheap if you really want to slap 33"s on. i wouldnt put 12.50" wide tires on any rim less than 8 inches at the least. also, you will have to get some sort of lift for your rig too. if you dont want to spend the cash on rims and a left, just go with 31" tires, they wont look as beefy but in terms of functionality, you are only losing maybe an inch of height compared to running 33"s. just my opinion, good luck and post picks with whatever you decide to do.

well the thing with the tires is i gotta buddy thats got some that he doesnt want with about 80% tread left and giving them to me for $300 so i figured thats pretty good for some 33s...like i said i have a lift already i guess only need rims...craigslist had some wrangler rims on there that were 15x8s and had the same lug pattern but he never deleted the post after he sold them so big let down there:thumbdwn: but ill post pictures on what happens!

When I first went to 33's, I ran them on my stock 15x7 rims for a couple years.
It's not optimal, but it can be done.

they look pretty good but i have a torsion twist and lift shackles on mine now and soon to get a body lift...i wonder if 31s will still look good...?

I have 32s with a body lift, torsion twist and shackles. I think they don't look terrible, but I am in the process of getting 35s. Go with the size tire you really want, IMO. I regret going with 32s but at the time I was living in Atlanta and driving an hour to work every day.

You "can" put those tires on there. I don't know if you "should." A lot of that is going to depend on how you drive and where you drive.

Oh, but to answer this question:

they look pretty good but i have a torsion twist and lift shackles on mine now and soon to get a body lift...i wonder if 31s will still look good...?

They'll look small.

shazamm

31's with tt shackles, and 4 inch Superlift, , and it looks fine to me,

attachment.php

That looks better. The ST has a huge rear wheel well and I think it makes my 32s look too small. I guess I shouldn't try comparing apples to oranges.

okay, he has a 99 ,,, so do i ,, here's a 99 no lift and 31's,, it's on the right,,

294478_10150895386055165_713775164_21388709_2015217826_n.jpg

4" and 31's do look nice. And they are not too small,hers mine with 4" and 31's. And I am in the process of building another just like it.

345364.jpg

45645645.jpg

453645.jpg

After all the pics I'm seeing on here I'm really leaning toward the 31x10.5x15's for mine and maybe a lil TT & Shackle lift...not too much so I don't wreck driveshaft angles an chit.
(unfortunately mines gonna see more asphalt than dirt)

But for bdt115...hey bro if u already got that lift and are gonna do a body lift too ya might as well grab a lil bit wider rims an slap them 33's on.

And to corkey...thx for the pic of the '99...its influencing my decision.
ps. SkyJumpers ride looks beastly...lol

ps. SkyJumpers ride looks beastly...lol

x2 i never knew 31s could look that good hahah idk if its the offset that make those look really big? or are the 10" width rims

And the best thing is, not one rub or trim needed with the 15x10's and I beleive the B/S is 3.75

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well unfortunately for me the truck and its high mileage (204k) was getting pretty high for me so im trading it in next wednesday for an s10 with a 350ci corvette motor and 700r4 tranny with a tahoe rear end in it...looks like im gonna have a good base for a pro-street kinda truck:thumbsup: but like i told my buddy yesterday im gonna miss my explorer:(

Back