A4LD rebuild problems. No reverse. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A4LD rebuild problems. No reverse.

pobilly

Reaction score
City, State
richmond, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 ranger 4.0
I recenly rebuilt my a4ld with a friends help..... we got it all back together but reverse wont work......the forward gears do good but reverse does nothing..... we took the valve body apart and cleaned it but didnt have a book... we done the best we could with keeping the parts organized but im afraid thats what it is.... if u know what it could be please let me know

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread to the transmission section. Did you forget to install the spring, 2 O rings or the gasket on the low/reverse servo? The A4LD rebuild diary sticky thread has a complete tear down, and rebuild of each step.

the o rings on the servo r on and the gasket is newand now that i talked to my friend he thinks he but the clip in wrong on the reverse engagement valve.... he put it on the end of the cap not in the groove and its not allowing it to move the right distance... i hope that is what it is... ive spent bout 650 dollars rebuilding this thing

Back