Another Coolant Leak Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Coolant Leak Thread

There is always a relief hole on the bottom, and usually the other one is on top. Remember that the movement of the pulleys etc. will throw the fluid a lot.

The newer 95+ radiators are excellent, they cool very well for their size. The replacement radiators do not have any better cores in them, more efficient etc. They will likely be better than pre 95 radiators, but not since 1995. 91-94 Explorers have lesser radiators for the given size, those can use improvement. The 95+ OEM radiators have the most efficient cores in them, everything else is the same in efficiency, or worse. I prefer the larger core for a high performance application, or very hot climates. Mine will be both, I'll keep my stock radiator.

There is always a relief hole on the bottom, and usually the other one is on top. Remember that the movement of the pulleys etc. will throw the fluid a lot.

Well I've been using a pressure pump, so the engine hasn't been running. I guess I'll take one more look when I get off work, and then have to take it in somewhere and cough up an extremely high bill. It's a just a pain in the ass because the guy that rebuilt the engine doesn't warranty his labor, nor does he work with engines in the vehicle.

Usually you can find the leak with time. Run it, keep it full of coolant, remove a part or two like the belt and run it shortly. Try to keep the area clean where it is leaking. It's easier to find a leak when it is new and hasn't been leaking for weeks or longer.

FWIW
I replaced a waterpump and a couple weeks later the new one leaked.
Just cause it's new doesn't mean it's good.

Back