• Register Today It's free!

another door lock problem

3baddiscs

Reaction score
City, State
sw florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 ford explorer
i Guys. new here, will post in intros eventually. Question I have is as follows. Bought a 95 explorer 4dr, 4.0 2whldr. busted odometer when i got it but figure at least 220k on it. Problem is door locks keep trying to unlock themselves, happens key in or out. locks stop when you put in gear and start to drive. BUT, door ajar, interior lights and chime continue at all times. pulled all the door latch switches, still does it. only way to stop it is pull #25 fuse, but that cuts out the speedo, wipers and power windows. I don't care if i have to cut the chime, or even lose the remote locks. but i'd like to keep the windows and speedo. I will also pull all the interior light bulbs, if necessary. I've read RAP unit, when I unplugged that, alarm went off. took the batteries out of remote, did not work. What about relay? my manual says the relays are under the hood and it controls windows and locks. any ideas on how to get it to work again? also no clue how to get the door wiring harness off the door jamb. thanks

Back