Another Happy Adaptive CC owner

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Used the adaptive cruise control today to get out to Long Island - 65+ miles. I gotta say cruising set at 65-70 range and with the lane keeping assist on. Man it was like the ex drove itself to Riverhead. I was lightly touching the wheel and letting it do the lane assist itself and turns and all the EX did by itself. Of course there were many warnings on the left side screen saying "keep hands on steering wheel"

Very very happy.

Disclaimer: Use carefully though...and not in heavy traffic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I agree with you, Lane Keep is rock solid technology, works exactly as described.

ACC & Collision Avoidance has saved my A$$ several times now, will never purchase a vehicle without it again.

Wish I had ACC on my '16. Apparently the Sports don't come with many features that are commonly available on Limited/XLT -- rain sensing wipers, heated rear buckets, etc.

About the mileage - with my 2016 I see about 15-16 mpg city with short trips. Highway mileage for me is even better than the EPA rating at 23-24. I got about 22.5 mpg on a recent 1000 mile trip. It is a twin-turbo engine though, so if you drive it like you're on a track the mileage will go down significantly.

Second, to the behavior:

I've never driven a car where the cruise control would engage below 20 mph. Tesla vehicles apparently will engage auto-pilot in the way that you want. If you want a car to behave that way, perhaps you should trade your explorer and get a Model X.

I'm here because I'm researching a replacement for my lemon 2016 MDX that I'm negotiating with Acura about. My MDX has full start-stop cruise control - it will crawl along in traffic. The Mercedes GLE and the Volvo XC90 have similar features, plus they'll actually steer the car at low speeds.

It's a great feature and its absence on the Explorer is, in part, holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Explorer as a replacement.

Even Ford is rolling it out, starting with the 2017 Ford Fusion. https://media.ford.com/content/ford...rs-technology-to-ease-stressful-commutes.html

Greg

I'm here because I'm researching a replacement for my lemon 2016 MDX that I'm negotiating with Acura about. My MDX has full start-stop cruise control - it will crawl along in traffic. The Mercedes GLE and the Volvo XC90 have similar features, plus they'll actually steer the car at low speeds.

It's a great feature and its absence on the Explorer is, in part, holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Explorer as a replacement.

Even Ford is rolling it out, starting with the 2017 Ford Fusion. https://media.ford.com/content/ford...rs-technology-to-ease-stressful-commutes.html

Greg
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
While all these features are 'nice to have' the reason I have a vehicle is because I like to actually 'drive' it when I take it out on the road. :)

Peter

Greg
If this is your aim, it sounds like the Explorer is not the car for you.

So many things to comment on.. My 15 sport did come with ACC and I doubted its ability until my first trip it is AMAZING.. it works precisely. Ha infact while my bride is often sleeping I watch it engage and disengage just to see its absolute precision.. That said first time it went of.. wellllll..... lets say I thought I would need to change clothes.. it is awesome. I love the lane feature and the invehicle tech.. I have almost 3ok on my toy in a little over a year.. I have had mined Tuned at 502 Performance in Apalachin NY. I am getting 24.2 on trips with hightest and the performance tune and around 20-22 around town through the week. Sure Id love 40 MPG but it isnt a &risus or hybrid. I love the amazing little truck..many of my foreign car bigotd buds were mad when I bought another Ford and not an audi or BMW but have eaten their words when the saw and ride in my Ecobeast. Even my son who is a German car brat says man I'd drive this all day every day.

The invehicle tech has its flaws.. heck its man made.. but overall it is an amazing ride.

Back