Lane keeping system malfunction/adaptive cruise control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lane keeping system malfunction/adaptive cruise control

cooi8492

Reaction score
City, State
Holland michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer limite
Hey there! I've been unable to use my lane keeping/adaptive cruise control ever since I went two tracking a year ago. It started with me just not being able to use adaptive cruise control, and then shortly after that I started to get the lane keeping system malfunction alert when I turn my car on. I assume the sensors are still caked in mud. Could anyone tell me exactly where the sensors are on the front of the car? I've poked around and looked where the manual says they are but I'm not seeing anything. I should also note that the damage to the bumper was there prior to the adventure, and as far as I know no damage was done to it that would cause a real failure. Other words of wisdom would also be appreciated 😄

16908354465014569255016123951754.jpg
1000002763.jpg

The lane keeping system uses the camera that is between the windshield and your rear view mirror in the grille. The adaptive cruise control uses a radar that is behind the bumper cover, more to the driver side.

Edit: Looking at your first photo I don't see the front camera. I'm familiar with the 2016-2019 model. Is the camera located somewhere else in the 2012-2015?

Hey there! I've been unable to use my lane keeping/adaptive cruise control ever since I went two tracking a year ago. It started with me just not being able to use adaptive cruise control, and then shortly after that I started to get the lane keeping system malfunction alert when I turn my car on. I assume the sensors are still caked in mud. Could anyone tell me exactly where the sensors are on the front of the car? I've poked around and looked where the manual says they are but I'm not seeing anything. I should also note that the damage to the bumper was there prior to the adventure, and as far as I know no damage was done to it that would cause a real failure. Other words of wisdom would also be appreciated 😄
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Lane Keeping camera is usually in the base of the rearview mirror where it is mounted onto the windshield. As for the Adaptive Cruise Control, it is mounted in the bumper area toward the driver's side. Check out the white spot just down and to the right of the driving light. I believe it also controls the Forward Collision warning.

Peter

Clip_27.jpg

Back