• Register Today It's free!

Another Header Question

rickster57

Reaction score
City, State
gainesville, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
I searched the forum and haven't really gotten the answers I need yet. I know everyone recommends TM headers, and I don't doubt they are excellent; my problem is money; I don't have much! lol. I am doing a complete custom system, and don't have to connect to my existing system. Has anyone here tried the "Block Hugger" type headers on an Ex with 5.0L? I can get some from Summit, or Speedway Motors fairly cheap for name brands, but, need to know about fitment issues.
I am using the 96 EX rolling chassis under a 52 Ford F1 Pickup body, so, I actually have more space than I did with the Ex body.
I guess my REAL question is; has anyone tried any OTHER type headers, than TM, or FMS?
thanks, guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy it from Summit, save the receipt, and return if it doesn't fit.

Buy it from Summit, save the receipt, and return if it doesn't fit.

And you will be returning the block hugger headers of you order them. It's not the body that is the issue with fitment. It is the Explorer frame. The steering shaft passes through the Torque Moster header. That is why the driver side header is two pieces.

Yeah, I tried and returned block hugger, mustang and f150 headers looking for fitment back in the day. Then Bob came around making headers.

The blockhuggers will run right smack dab into your upper control arm mounts.

Torquemonster or your own fabrication are your options.

Ok; thanks guys- I guess I have my answer now! I did not realize the TM's were 2 piece running around the steer shaft.
Looks like I wait till I can shell out the $$ for the monsters.
thanks, all!

Ok; thanks guys- I guess I have my answer now! I did not realize the TM's were 2 piece running around the steer shaft.
Looks like I wait till I can shell out the $$ for the monsters.
thanks, all!

Took me a few years to pull the trigger. Worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Back