• Register Today It's free!

ANOTHER lift and gears thread lol

92_sport

Reaction score
City, State
reno, nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 sport
Sorry, didnt wanna be a thread jacker so i figured id start my own...

I have a 92 exploder sport. Mostly stock as of now. My ideas (so far) are to chop the rear (hatch area), add a moon roof, lift it, bigger tires, ect...

So my question is, i want to do a 6" SJ lift with a 3" body lift... what size tires can i fit with full suspension travel? 35's?

Also need to know my best gearing to be as close to stock power as possible with whatever tires i can fit?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, i dont know all ur guys' abreviations yet so please spell it out for me... and sorry again

With just the 6" lift you can fit 35s. Also with 35s, depending on the type of use this rig will get, you'll want at least 4.56 gears (closest to stock ratio) but I'd go 4.88s or 5.13s

If you want to add the 3" body lift, you can fit 37s. With 37s, you'll want at least 4.88s (closest to stock ratio) but I'd go with 5.13s.

Good luck with the project. :thumbsup:

3" body and a 6" lift-- getting kind of "tippy".

3"body and 6" sj your clear 37" but only 12.5 width.i have 36x14.50 and they rub.it also depends on backspacing on the rims and if you want to cut your fenders or run fiberglass.35 you want atleast 4.88 if a dd,5.13 if you dont care about gas and dont go over 65,wish i went 5.13!

I have 15x8's on it now (not sure what BS they have) but i think im gonna run wheel spacers til i buy some wider axles. Its about 75% dd and 25% offroad (mainly just trails and muddin)

I had 31's on a stock 4x4. I've heard 3 in. body will let you fit 33's. 6 in. suspension and 3 in. body will make it easy to fit 35's. Not sure about the gears, but I would imagine some sort of upgrade would be necessary to run those size tires with that lift.

that is a lot of lift for that 25% off road. thats 9 inches of lift! if you start with a rear spring over axle(soa) that will net you 4-5" of lift you just have to match it in the front. you could use the the front beam cut by BTF. search "BTF's cut and turn beam exchange", and some new springs and such will lift the front to what you want without horrific affects on alignment or riding on blocks.
i havn't used btf but it seams the way to go.

note:if you do the flip i didnt need to order u-bolts i used the ones that it came with.

Back