WaterBrat

Reaction score
City, State
Tulum, MX Originally Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer EB V8 4WD
Hi All,

2005 EB V8

Got the Tire Pressure system failure message just before I got new tires. I finally got a magnet big enough to re train the sensors. RR sensor will not train. I understand 10 yrs is about all I should expect from the batteries in sensor.

Question: Are aftermarket sensors compatible with OEM so that I could replace the bad one, or do I have to replace them all as a set to get the TMPS to function. I live in MX and they are pretty expensive.

Also the OEM part number to help me find compatible replacement.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
Skipper

I tried aftermarket sensors and didn't work. I ended up having the sensor replaced at the dealer.

Hi All,

2005 EB V8

Got the Tire Pressure system failure message just before I got new tires. I finally got a magnet big enough to re train the sensors. RR sensor will not train. I understand 10 yrs is about all I should expect from the batteries in sensor.

Question: Are aftermarket sensors compatible with OEM so that I could replace the bad one, or do I have to replace them all as a set to get the TMPS to function. I live in MX and they are pretty expensive.

Also the OEM part number to help me find compatible replacement.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
Skipper

Of course you can.

Here are some found online that will fit a 2008 Ford Explorer: http://www.titantpms.com/tpms/ford-...r-Eddie-Bauer-2008-OEM-Tire-Pressure-Sensor_2

Just buy them online for cheap and have them installed at a local tire shop.

Back