any use the snowbear plow for these trucks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

any use the snowbear plow for these trucks?

JawzSS

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
A buddy of mine has a snow bear plow that he is trying to get rid of.. its a simple manual plow, nothing serious, for compact and midsize suvs and trucks. On their site it says they only have a mount for a 2002 mountaineer... i have a 2004 and was wondering if the 2002 mount would fit.

However, i know plows are hard on vehicles and their frames especially, just wanted to see if anyone has used the snowbear or any other type of light duty plow on these trucks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

8650newplow_Small_.jpg

I've got one. I love it. The manual angle is a PITA, but eventually learn to plow only changing it a time or two Or you can take a little more time, and do it all straight. The plow is light enough that it won't stress the front end too much. If you have an automatic v6, I'd get a very large trans cooler.

looks good! yea i have a 04 and i was on their website and saw that they only had mounts listed for the mountaineer up to 02. Im pretty sure it would work on the 04 but i did shoot them an email.

Im a v8 with the tow package so i already have a trans cooler right?

I know the second gen tow package came with a factory cooler, I assume the 3rd gens do as well.

My dad had snow bears biggest plow on his 00 XLT with the 4.0 sohc and it worked great but you will feel the front end dive when you lift the plow up, it wont dive alot if your shocks are good. I'm soon putting one on my 00 once I put another motor. I would call snowbear and see if their 02 kit would work on your 04 I don't see why not but I don't know much on the 3rd gens

Shocks will have no effect on the front drooping as they only dampen, they provide no support. I imagine the coil suspension would hold it better than the torsion bars. Mine drops an inch or two when lifted.

Shocks will have no effect on the front drooping as they only dampen, they provide no support. I imagine the coil suspension would hold it better than the torsion bars. Mine drops an inch or two when lifted.

i would agree... its funny i probably just want this because of our "record" snowfall this year in delaware. Problem is i love new toys and as soon as i by a plow will be the day that we dont get any accumulating snow for years......then ill be out in my backyard with the plow on my truck spreading mulch in mid july just to use the damn thing lol

Back