Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"?

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
Have to admit, I wasnt quite sure if this would actually work, but the gray plastic cladding on the bottom looks brand new (except for the spot where I backed into this car lol). What was once a lighter gray is now a nice charcoal gray. Ill get some before, after and during pics up. Best part was, its cheaper than any car wax product. $2.19 for stop and shops finest creamy PB. (No preservatives too, only the best for the EX!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before

exbefore.jpg

During

expb.jpg

After

exafter.jpg

Explorer makes a friend! This one shows the best after the other ones were in the direct sunlight, and my LG Dare doesnt take the best pics in the sun.

exsquirrel.jpg

I have heard that it works great on black plastics because of the oils in the peanut butter(or any plastic for that matter) Looks like it did a great job!!!

I have to ask- does your Ex small like Reese's when you walk by now? :)

It's from the peanut oils.

:dunno: peanut butter? I would've never thought that would work...

I have to ask- does your Ex small like Reese's when you walk by now? :)

It's from the peanut oils.

After I first did it, it kinda did lol.

When you do it you can actually see the how the plactic absorbs the oils. It just leaves the PB kinda dry. IDK how to describe it, maybe like play dough but flakier if that makes sense.

Im going to try it on the black trim in the mirrors and on the sunfaded panels inside--should smell real nice after that. Between the coffee I knocked off the console and the PB on the doors..

i never tried it before maybe i will give it a shot

If I could figure out some way to make my Ex smell like a Jamocha shake, I'm in... :D

if they figure out to make my explorer smell like carmel i will be in heaven right now.

mmmmm carmel

I knocked an iced caramel latte from McDonalds off the console now the whole interior smells like coffee, would that work for you joe?

With a slight chocolate sprinkle, sure... :D

How does it hold up to time? Seems like a little bit of weather and it would be back to where you started, and Im not about to rub my truck down with peanut butter twice a week.:D

it can also be used to take wax off plastic moldings.

It holding up ok. I whipped out the canon the other day and took better pics that I will get up once my laptop charges. Ill take some more pics of it now, there is a little streaking but you only notice it up close.

My mother actually brought up a good point after she came over and saw the PB on the counter labeled car wax PB. She said I should just use Peanut oil. DUH. I didnt even think of it but this weekend Ill try it to see if its the same.

^^Yeah!

I dont know where the hell I put my camera but Ill look harder tomorrow just because Im tired right now.

This is how its holding up as of yesterday, I took it to the carwash today and I dont notice anything different about it

041-2.jpg

This is from when I first did it. I never bothered going in the wheel wells because I didnt really car about in there, but it shows a comparison of before and after good.

035-2.jpg

Sorry for the long delay on pics, photobucket takes forever to load so I never feel like going there.

That first pic makes it look worse than it really is btw.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Somebody with more guts than me should rub straight peanut oil all over their plastics and let me know if it works the same ;) If I have time after work I'm hoping to wash/clay/polish/wax my truck after work Thursday or Friday, I'm gonna hold off on smearing edibles all over the truck for now though.

Back