Anyone else getting comments from strangers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone else getting comments from strangers?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
I've been getting those "how do you like it?", and "that's the first one I've seen." comments from random people in parking lots. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been getting those "how do you like it?", and "that's the first one I've seen." comments from random people in parking lots. :)

Yes, but not nearly as many as I did with my 2010 Taurus.

Had some movers at the gas station say "Wow, Ford is stepping up, I'd take that over the Lexus in a second" . . . A couple other "Great looking ride", etc.. it definitely is getting attention. I haven't passed any others yet in my area.

to be honest, I was at the gas station and one pulled up to the pump right in front of me, and I was gonna ask the guy if I could check it out and whatnot, but as I sat there watching, it looked like his credit card was working in the pump, so I figured I would not since his day was just ruined.

I'll change my prior opinion and say that I do like the new Explorers.

I'll change my prior opinion and say that I do like the new Explorers.

Welcome to the dark side ;) I'm someone who said I'd never own a ford, let alone an explorer, but it's the most comfortable, and high tech car we've ever owned. (and we've owned a lot of cars over the past 6 years, about 8)

I think I may be keeping this one more than my average 1.5yrs a car :)

I don't have mine yet, so nobody is checking me out, but I can tell you I watch every vehicle I pass when I'm out driving look for the X's. I can say very few and far between so when I see one, it's a bit exciting ;)

If I'm lucky I may see 1 day while out driving. Yesterday I think I saw 2, but we do a lot of driving at night, so most of the time there's only a split second or so once I'm close enough to confirm it's an X and not an Edge or something else.

Actually, tonight I was dropping daughter off at school dance and I'm pretty sure I saw a white tri-coat about 6 cars in front of me. It looked VERY nice. I tried my best to catch up to it and check it up, but there were too many cars between, and I figured racing around trying to track it down would seem a bit crazy :D

Welcome to the dark side ;) I'm someone who said I'd never own a ford, let alone an explorer, but it's the most comfortable, and high tech car we've ever owned. (and we've owned a lot of cars over the past 6 years, about 8)

I think I may be keeping this one more than my average 1.5yrs a car :)

I second that, entirely!

I have a fully loaded ltd edition. I am constantly approached by people asking if they can check it out. I haven't seen another one on the road since i got mine in Jan. There are a couple at the dealerss but no one is buying them. They are all ltd's so they may be a bit pricey. When I bought mine the dealer said he had sold 4 already. He also said he hadn't sold more than 6 in the last 4 years. He said they were to expensive. (Eddie Bauers). We'll see if these ones sell a little better. I haven't had any problems with mine yet. Seen on here that there is several probs with MFT. Mine is working like a charm. Mine is also a Canadian Model. Most of the probs have been on the American Version.

TTFN

Back