Anyone had after market leather on 2013 Expl Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone had after market leather on 2013 Expl Sport?

zen2u

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I ordered my 2013 Expl Sport back late 2012, ordered the Black color that Sport offers, and ordered the Black leather (called graphite black actually).

The dealer made an error when entering the order behind the scenes, it arrived in March 13 with the Two-tone leather (Black/Sienna). They offered to re-order for me, but I had traded my X5 in to them so no car to drive during 2nd 8 wk build time wait. (Dealer had be wanting a Black Sport to have on lot so win-win them, boo for me.)

The have graciously offered me a 300 dollar credit towards aftermarket items from dealer store. Ehhemmm....wow.

So I am looking to have the seats converted to ALL black in comparable quality, designed for AC/Heated seats.

Hoping someone has upgraded their leather beyond the stock leather and has some tips to offer.

Sound crazy I know but I'm stuck. And since ya "can't shine a t*rd", the color is what it is.

I'd happily trade you my black leather for your brown (walnut) and black. Too bad you are cross country

Hoping someone has upgraded their leather beyond the stock leather and has some tips to offer.

On another vehicle...Katzkin. Excellent quality and fit.

It will actually be a nice upgrade. The factory leather and pleather is pretty low quality from Ford, sad to say.

...and $300 isn't going to come close to covering e cost.

Back