My Review on my 2013 Ex Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Review on my 2013 Ex Sport

I've had mine a week now. Torque steer is my biggest complaint.

If you aren't complaining about torque steer, then you haven't punched this thing to see what it'll do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice write up Carlos
Agree with everything you said, except torque steer.
Once you start letting those turbos breath, you'll feel it at the top of 3rd gear at the gear change. Our trucks pull unbelievable from 4K to 6K rpm's:D

btw....... I just got my order confirmation from Visual Garage tonight
Thanks..............Your costing me money already LOL:thumbsup:

I've had mine a week now. Torque steer is my biggest complaint.

If you aren't complaining about torque steer, then you haven't punched this thing to see what it'll do.

True dat
I was typing when you posted.....

Nice write up Carlos
Agree with everything you said, except torque steer.
Once you start letting those turbos breath, you'll feel it at the top of 3rd gear at the gear change. Our trucks pull unbelievable from 4K to 6K rpm's:D

btw....... I just got my order confirmation from Visual Garage tonight
Thanks..............Your costing me money already LOL:thumbsup:

Thank you Gator, it may be true since I am yet to floored the pedal and see what those gorgeous pair of turbos can do but I promise to keep you guys posted. I just want to take it easy with the Sport before finding out what can it really do in an open field.

By the way I am glad that you took the plunge and ordered the Shark Finn Antenna. I'm pretty sure you will not be disappointed.
Please keep me posted!

Thank you Gator, it may be true since I am yet to floored the pedal and see what those gorgeous pair of turbos can do but I promise to keep you guys posted. I just want to take it easy with the Sport before finding out what can it really do in an open field.

By the way I am glad that you took the plunge and ordered the Shark Finn Antenna. I'm pretty sure you will not be disappointed.
Please keep me posted!

Your a better man than me, if you haven't wound her up:D
Got my shipping notice from VG and also from Covercraft.
My Sport sits most of the time, as I bought it as a play toy........hehe

what are the odds that we can get a pic of the running boards with the drivers side door open looking down at the ground. these doors are pretty thick on the explorer so I am curious to how far they stick out from the frame with the door open. My wife seems to think the will hit her shins on it so she wants the retractable running boards. I think this car is dying for a strip across the side to help with the look and these running boards w/ the chrome does that for me. i would be forever in your debt :)

Hope this is the running board shot you were looking for, ignore the filth, the weather is still terrible here http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/azazell64/media/20130326_115255_zpsb4ceedcf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

that is perfect, thanks for taking the time to get the shot. they are perfect for what i want. I was hoping for enough room for them to be a step and this is spot on. Thank you again...i feel kind of bad as its in the high 60's here in Houston and Sunny :) ill try to PM some of our good weather to you.

No problem, any time, the DeeZee kit is fairly well constructed, the metal used for the running board mounts is more than adequate, the only problem is where the mounts attach to the vehicle, the metal is a fraction of the thickness. And as far as weather is concerned, we're still at -20 here today, they're saying +7 by the weekend, I'll believe it when I see it.

Back