Wanted - Anyone in central jersey ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Anyone in central jersey ?

Parts or services wanted

fordtuff84

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer XLT
hey anyone in central jersey , wanna be nice and help me with my 1995 ford explorer xlt, there is stuff wrong with it and when i go to the shop people try to rape me a new one, people are very helpful on here but they to far to help im lookin for someone in central jersey middlesex county to be a good friend an help me work on my truck cause i suck at mechanics , first i need my shocks done, and then my auto4 i making my truck not turn , so if you can be kind enough to help me out ill be most appreciated :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where are you in central jersey, im in south jersey but hey a good day of work may be worth a 45 min to hour drive.

lol i dnt got alot of money, so i cant pay u a day of work sorry

Also i cant work in my devolpment on my car, and i dnt got tools im new to this ford truck stuff so yeah , im just lookin for a friend to help , that maybe has a truck to an can maybe work by him and i can go over an he can help me out i dnt mind learning , but like i said im new to this, sorry people , i dnt got alot of money to be payin u , just need a helping hand, if i had money id go to sears an get raped lol

thats a joke right, id never accept money i work for satisfaction knowing that i was able to help somebody.

im sorry if i offended you i was just tryin to be more clear , alot of people got there own problems an trying to make money as well, you kno im just seeking help cuz my own friends are either on some other **** or just to busy to help i dnt kno , so im on here askin for help , and i dnt like puttin people out there way either if u an hour away thats alot to ask of u

ive got every tool in the book too, my garage is getting a makeover right now but maybe when its done if you can afford a drive down i can give you a hand with whatever you need.

i live in oldbridge new jersey where you live at?

cinnaminson, ive got a few friends that live in oldbridge, im about 45 mins away if i recall. and no offense taken, i understand too that alot of people are trying to make a quick buck doing easy repairs, id rather just help and know that i was able to give somebody a hand when needed.

well i may have alot of problem im not sure it drives good but alot of stuff just started acting up , due to my set back i was driving a s2000 before now im in this im not mad, ill drive anything as long as it works an is nice an can be made to look more to my liking, but minus the shocks , other crap starting happening to and i dunno if ima need a new tran or trans case just a headache right man , u seem like a good dude, if u rather just help hard to find people willing to take the time out to just help someone

hey man im in sayreville.. i could take a look at the truck.. i dont have a work space either but i could atleast check it out and see what all she needs.. im on my first explorer now but been a ford guy since birth so i know my way around these trucks pretywell

hey dude in sayreville , give me a call 732 609 2421 Jimmy thanks ma appreciate it alot

ok still need help guys so feel free to help lol hit me up , thank you to the people dat try to help already

ill give you a call when i get my garage all finished up and maybe you can come down and we can fix some stuff. what are some issues your having any particular noises, or things that seem out of whack.

i got to let go the gas for the truck to shift , and my auto4 binds my steering so it feels like the steering is gonna break if i turning the wheel left or right , an my car shacks like crazy whe i hit 60 an up

yep my trans does the same exact thing, usually either a valve body, or intermediate band issue. not much i can do about that, but at least if you go into the tranny shop you can tell them what you believe to be wrong so they cant rip you off. as far as the 4x4, binding is normal and you'll notice it big time if your trying to turn with it on while on dry pavement. the shaking could be a few things, unbalanced tires, bad shocks, sway bar links/bushings, alignment etc...that kind of issue you just have to fix what seems to be the worst first and then go by a process of elimination until the problem is solved.

I'm new to this ford auto trans....but on some 2wd stuff with the aod I've had luck with the not shifting being the kick down cable.... do these transmisions have a kick down cable? Ususaly that's an easy fix...

i guess i dunno, but hopefully someone hits me up around here that can help me out with the repairs man smh i wonder how much **** can keep going geez lol

what do you mean by kick down cable? the 5r55e which is behind most of the 2nd gens is computer controlled so all you do is pull the parking paw which pulls the shift linkage into gear, then the computer controls the rest of the gear shifting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's exactly ehat I wanted to know thanks.... like isead I'm used to dealing with the aod.... this my first ex before this its been rangers mustangs and tbirds for me...

Back