JERSEY WHEELING!! Lets go...

sk1er17

My "Jeep Thing" itches...
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Hey guys. I just wrote this in a post and figured id post it on here.

Im from jersey and would like to go wheelin but i can only really do day trips due to work and school. Sundays will be the most popular day.

If you are from or around jersey send me an email. Label it "Jersey Wheelin".

Im going to try to set up trips and this way i can email everyone directly to inform you. So you wont miss out if you dont see the thread!

My email is sk1er18@aol.com

FYI. Im from central jersey (near trenton). My favorite places to wheel are mostly a little south of me. Feel free to suggest places up north too. Or let me know of a day you wanna wheel near your "neighborhood" and ill send that out to whoevers on my list.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm up for some wheelin! I have a stock AWD though so I dont know how capable I would be...hrmmmm :rolleyes:

Stock is OK, I could do a lot with my X when it was stock (which was like last week!).

I don't know about the trails SK runs, but a lot of them down south here have an easy way and a hard way... you just have to make wise choices! :)

Ed

I'm down for a jerksey wheeler's get together. :) I've wheeled all over jersey and a can suggest some spots. I don't know the pines to well but I've wheeled down there a bunch of times. Another good place to go is Mahwah way up in Northern Jersey. Webster I see you're from atco, the last time i was down in atsion i sunk my truck is ~3ft of water and blew up my transfer case. the last time i was out in the pines i snapped the tranny output shaft... i don't think the pines like me to much. :)

I think part of the problem around here is that we've got a good number of serious wheelers around with old F150's on 37's (as an example) that trench some of the trails, so you have to be careful.

The Pines can fool you... one minute you're riding over solid ground, next you're in a super-sandy spot, then next you dump into a 4 foot deep mud puddle! :)

Ed

Heh heh tell me about it, i know from experience. first i ever went wheeling i was down in forked river, i find a hole and try to run through it. fortunantly for me the ruts where deep so i got high centered before i got into the hole.. i came back like 3 months later and saw the hole i was trying to run was about 4ft deep. now i stay away from most mud holes down there.

Hey I grew up in Kinnelon (North Jersey, next to Wayne) and I occasionally head back down to visit the rents so I'd like to receive notices too. The only wheeling I did down there was in Ringwood but I think all that’s closed up now. Id love to see the barons though, let me know. Thanks
Nick

i'm in...

post or send me an email: bigair321@yahoo.com
i already emailed you.

it's mudding time.

My X is street set up but I'm down with this event not as a Wheeler but to cover the event with my Camera. I'm a Serious Photographer as opposite of Professional Photographer (since I don't make my income from it). I'm sure we all gonna have a good time. ;)

m435tro

send me an email so i can put your email on the list. my list is basically for day trips. Once i get enough names im going to send out a general email so anyone on the list can click a button and inform everyone of their local wheelings.

I am from Drexel Hill, PA and I go to Island Beach State Park all the time... its awesome - good 4x4ing and fishing all in one.

This cant be everyone from NJ!!

BUMP

Lets get a few more people on the list before i send out the first email.

C'MON guyes, NY NJ PA- everyone knows they have a day when they say to themselves "i wish there were a few guys going wheeling.. its a good day for that"

EMAIL ME so i can automatically add you to the list.

sk1er18@aol.com :roll:

I would take a trip to northern NJ, Ididnt really look at this tread to well/ I couldnt tell when you are getting together and where? Let meknow when and I will see if I can make it
Gary

Originally posted by Rx4phun
Ididnt really look at this tread to well/ I couldnt tell when you are getting together and where? Gary

Originally posted by sk1er17
Hey guys. I just wrote this in a post and figured id post it on here.

Im from jersey and would like to go wheelin but i can only really do day trips due to work and school. Sundays will be the most popular day.

If you are from or around jersey send me an email. Label it "Jersey Wheelin".

Im going to try to set up trips and this way i can email everyone directly to inform you. So you wont miss out if you dont see the thread!

My email is sk1er18@aol.com

FYI. Im from central jersey (near trenton). My favorite places to wheel are mostly a little south of me. Feel free to suggest places up north too. Or let me know of a day you wanna wheel near your "neighborhood" and ill send that out to whoevers on my list.

sk1er18, we really have to wheel together one way or another... you are only like an hour & 1/2 away from me.

Next few weekends are really busy for me but as soon as I get a free Saturday I'll let you know and maybe we can work something ok?

Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ed,
Im all for that. Im really busy too- schools really tough right now. Just let me know when things slow down for you and we'll take a ride to the pines for some little adventuring one day.

Back