1/4 mile time | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 mile time

I have read several threads lately with folks posting 1/4 mile times. I saw Rovert ran a 16.3...

What times have you run? In your Explorer.

I know Troll is the baddest, but who else is quixk?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1/4 .....

Whats up , guys thanks for checking out my truck!

Robert, I ran a 15.5 with a superchip, dual flowmaster catback 50 deltaflow series, and a ben jenkins cold air kit, thats it, and it was 105 degrees out! i was not happy with my times, Since then i've added a great deal of work to my tranmission and a mass air. hopefully with these items (especially the higher stall speed) i will be able to hit a 15.0 where you from robert ill go to the track with you =)

Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a really good time considering the temperature. good work.

Re: 1/4 .....

Originally posted by TimestandStil77
. . .where you from robert ill go to the track with you =)
Nick

Pack some bags, if you leave by Monday we should be able to hit the track on Friday :) (I live in Arizona).

Your times are impressive for what you've done. It gives me an idea of about where mine would be (I was figuring on 15.8-16.0 with my mods).

times...

Thanks, I thought my times weren't that good, but I remember that when i went to the track I was killing ALOT of ricers and they were all asking me what I had done and got really confused as to why they were losing hahah.

Robert- I'm actually moving to Tempe ! but that's not until January but hey when i come out we should go do some runs!

forgot...

Oh I forgot, there is a guy name ben jenkins who ran the exact time as that with the same mods, so i think that should be right about where your at.....

Yeah, we'll have to meet up once you get here. I live in Mesa (next door to Tempe). Job change or going to school? At leaset you are coming when the weather is at its best.

tempe...

Im going to The Conservatory Of recording arts and sciences in tempe, For audio Engineering, lets definatly meet up!

I don't know where in the hell some of the Mags were getting 9sec 0-60 times and 17sec times in the quarter for the 5.0 Ex.
I was up at Morrosso Speedway a few weeks ago and decided to run my moms 5.0 Mounty. My 1st run was a 16.3 at 85.4 mph, and the 2nd run was a 16.2 at 86.01 mph, also the truck is completey stock. 1st time was against a Durango R/T (beat him!) and the 2nd run was against a Civic who I killed, showed them damn ricers what torque is about;) .

My neighbor also took his modded Audi S4 and 02' V8 Explorer to Morrosso Speedway. The S4 was in the low 13's w/ a 12.8 run that kicked ass!

The 02' Explorer I drove on 2 runs:
1/4 - 15.68 at 87.7 mph
1/4 - 15.85 at 88.5 mph (I brake torqued on this launch and spun the tires for about 4 seconds and ran a slower time but somehow picked up an extra mph?)
The new 02' 4.6 Ex's/Mountys just fu@#en haul azz, and again I don't know where in the hell the Mags get their times on those trucks either, high 16's my ass.

Back