Craigerz

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 4x4
Hey guys,

I have a 97 Limited 5.0 AWD. I took off the ARC when I got it and replace with normal shocks.

Has anyone ever hook up any aftermarket accessories to the switch that use to control the ride height? The one that says Auto/Off Road. I already ran the spot lights through the fog light switch.

Just think its a cool factory built in switch that could do something, but as of now its just there....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know what you could use the dash switch for, I first thought you meant the LR master switch for the system. I've only seen two of that dash switch, one here in a picture. My 98 has some V6 radio bezel with the 4WD switch in it.

I still have the ARC in my 99 which I added, hopefully it keeps working. Did you get rid of the air compressor also from your truck? I could use a spare if that one was working before. My 98 Limited someone had removed almost everything, only a few lines remained.

I did get rid of the compressor. It was one of the reasons for taking the system off. It had a leak so I think the compressor just ran and ran until it died. I was trying to keep it on and try to see about an on board compressor into a tank type thing, ( I don't know if they even have that much PSI output) but I could only get it to work for 2 or 3 seconds then die.

Thanks, that's probably why most are removed. I've got a mark VII and am familiar with how the systems work. The pumps aren't constant duty, and if they run too much, they will wear out. I don't need one right now, but I've seen the NOS versions on eBay.

That dash switch is likely a switch between two circuits, not like the 4WD switches that have varying resistances.

Interesting... so if I put an aftermarket 12v compressor on, could the switch have the potential to run an onboard compressor? Say something small like a SLIME 12v run of the mill compressor?

Just a thought

Not that the labeling of the switch has anything to do with on/off now...

IMG_0466.JPG

Pull the bezel and see what the switch looks like, take it out and see how it works. At best it could switch a low current through it, to trigger a relay you locate where you want it etc.

Back