Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

So far perfect.

The MFT has worked flawlessly since we had the EX on 12/2013. We have 5000 miles on it already and have used the MFT extensively. I love the voice command especially when using it to navigate. At first I was confused as to what command to use but after perusing the manual and trial and error the voice command works flawlessly. Regarding connection of devices I have a USB with a little more than 1000 songs in it, 2 iPads which we use Bluetooth to connect and 2 iPhones again we use Bluetooth to connect and play music. I once used my amazon cloud player on my iPad and connect to Bluetooth and it played. Whenever i use the USB i just say the artists name and plays it. One time i tested the voice command, while the system was off, I pressed the voice command and said " play springsteen" and it played the artist which was on my USB. In my experience using the voice command is heaven. The only complaint I guess is if the system is off the screen has gazillion fingerprints on it. One more thing, I tend to lose or get an intermittent signal on my Sirius when I am in gas stations since they tend to have those big roofs.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having just taken the family on a long trip, I had not a single complaint with the My Ford Touch. Both the screen features and the voice commands were perfect.

Mine has been just fine. I also have a top of the line 2012 Kenwood in my other car and would be HAPPY to run over the POS with my Explorer any day. The MFT is MUUUUUCH better in almost every way.

I have all sorts of issues. I feel like the updates fix certain things and break others. The most recent update did wonders for the NAV, but now my ipod playback is screwy. Takes an eternity to index. even when i don't add any music it still indexes AFTER previously saying 'indexing complete' there's also the worst issue i've had with MFT that has persisted since i first got it where if i start the care inside an indoor parking garage, it takes upwards of 15-20 mins for the GPS to find satellites. it's terrible. there's also no built in restart button. The system is really terrible. if you guys claim to have zero issues, i can only assume you don't fully utilize all the features

Here's a hanky...

I believe that 98% of the people here use the system fully. I've owned my Ex for about 7 months now, put in around 10k miles on it and the system has worked great. It has frozen I think maybe twice in those 7 months and it reset and worked and the only true issue I have is that when playing Pandora it won't show the name of the songs (Ipod, Ipad, Google Music, etc. all show). Temperature settings, making calls, with voice command, Sync Services, text messaging replying, even the calendar works well!

GPS not working under parking lots...have you actually used another type of GPS before? That happens no matter the brand.

The problem is you are using an Apple product :) get an Android player and that will solve that issue.

I always have a phone connected, Galaxy note 2, for music and use NAV because I like random computer voices talking to me when I drive :) and NEVER had any issue. Maybe you do not know how to work MFT. Have you read through the manual to see if you aren't screwing something up or thinking it should do something it is not designed for? It is not going to make you breakfast on your way to work, I know, hard to believe. :D
I use the same phone and have issues
don't even suggest I don't know what I am doing

I have had absolutely no problems with the mft... it's great. . Love it ... and seems like there's a lot more "likes" than there are waaaa's

I love my Explorers myford touch. I haven't had any real issues. sync's perfectly with my iphone5. Reads my text messages, I have to push the home button on my iphone, but that is because of apple not myford touch. Takes voice commands like a champ. Turn to sirius NFL... check, raise temperature to 73 degrees... check... call home... check.

I have over 200 albums on my phone. I can hardly wait for the next generation of explorer to come out so I can upgrade again.

I have a 2011 XLT 4WD (all wheel drive :)

second master reset today and it is working better..just a bit

With the new upgrade I think alot of problems are user based. Be that computer illiterate or using devices that don't play well with MFT. Android works good......

With the new upgrade I think alot of problems are user based. Be that computer illiterate or using devices that don't play well with MFT. Android works good......

i think a lot is user error and also expecting the system to do more than what it is capable of.

I have a Galaxy note 2 and my wife has a Iphone 4S and both work great. I have no issues with anything.

I have had absolutely no problems with the mft... it's great. . Love it ... and seems like there's a lot more "likes" than there are waaaa's

Long Live MFT!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have no problems with mine.

The voice command function on the $2,500 Pioneer sound, navigation, XM, and rear camera system I installed (myself) in my 2006 Explorer has never worked. It is, at best good far a laugh, as it just does not come close to getting anything correct. It sounds as if the MFT is radically better. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note, and the voice entry works amazingly well. The first time I used it, I was outside city hall here, about to go into a meeting on wildfire districts. I needed to find a document on the Internet, so spoke a long title into it and it got it right the the first time.

Back