Are you running 3.25" Backspacing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are you running 3.25" Backspacing?

I have asked about the backspacing and Alec advised me to run 3.75" BS, which is closer to stock. But, (although I do value Alecs opinion, and still havent made up my mind because of his advice) I have found a really good deal on some wheels that are 3.25" BS. Wanted to find out if you are running 3.25" and if so, what issues have you run into. I don't want to save the money on the wheels and then have to turn around and spend my savings from the wheels to correct a problem.
Thanks

My Classic II's are pretty close to 3.25", They stick out about 1" on the drivers side and about 2" on the pass. side. Depending on the laws in your area you might need fender flares. Also I had some rubbing issues on the front bumper because the further the wheel sticks out (Less back spacing) the larger the arc the tire will make when turning.

I think the only real concern with that much BS is increased stress on the bearings.

I understand abou the bearings, but it is only 1/2". Not trying to argue, at all, just trying to do my homework.

Back