Arguhhh I got hit....AGAIN

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Well was on my way to work (mistake #1 LOL)

I was in the left lane and a car was in the right lane which was ending, and she thought that she could merge INTO ME. Cops said it was no doubt her fault. She should have yeilded to me!

This time, nothing major, her mirror just left a black streak on my door, looks like it can just be buffed out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I HATE those merges... I have two of them on my way home and I let 1 car in and that is it! I have a couple nice marks on my tires from cars that have tried to "bully" their way in.
Law here is that if your front end is ahead of theirs it is their responsibility to yield. I had a guy in a Caddy try and "bully" his way in and ended up with swirl marks on his driver's side door. He used his cell to call the cops and when they stopped me and he got there they informed him he was in the wrong. :thumbsup:
I have gotten very good at letting 1 car merge and then staying right on their ass till the merge is done. ;)

I hate those people. And although that was his fault splashman, here they would have got u atleast for not stopping. They tried to give me a ticket for not stopping at someone elses wreck. It was a fender bender so I kept moving. Some lady in a Bug ran a redlight to turn, and three cars (including me) slammed on their brakes, but the driver in the car next to me was on his cell phone and sure enuff, BAM, he gets a new fender.

I didn't really know he ran into me. I felt a weird wobble for a sec or two, but just thought it was the road. He was right beside me so close I could almost see inside his car through my pass side mirror. One minute he was there and the next he was parked on the shoulder. It was the rear pass side tire that left two half moon swirls on his driver's side door. He tried to say I sped up (in bumper to bumper traffic :rolleyes: ), then he said the gravel on the road forced him into me. So the cop asks how his car pulled toward the road when the ditch sloped away from the road and secondly why was he in the gravel?

The cop said that the person who is in the lane that is ending must merge when safe to do so, which if not safe, must stop.
She was exactly parrallel with me as noted with her mirror hitting the passanger front door, so the cop added that she was also in my blind spot.

A few months ago, a H-2 tried to sneak in and I cut him off, he then followed me and tried to pass once the road became 1 lane.....he followed me all around until I finally pulled into the police station. (Wasn't taking any chances as he was following me all around) The officer kept telling him that he is in the land that ends, he must yeild to the person who has the right away.

At first I thought most people are doing these things because they want to bully, but now it is my understanding that they think in their mind that they are "right".
Maybe people should have to renew their license every few years due to the fact that at least here in New England, it is really getting out of control.

some people just dont get it drive in NYC for a while and you get the point of how to merge....lol

Yes ,i know that one perfectly.. spending alot of time in DC and on the Washington and baltimore Beltways, ive found that people are jerks. Its kind of wierd... Ive found the farther south you go, the more corteous the people are.

No one can merge in NY. They all just drive and pay no mind to the yeild or merge signs. In fact they just accelerate. That's why I just try to stay in middle or if on major highway I don't mind getting out of the right lane as a merge comes up and go to the middle, to avoid an incident. Then when all clear I just go back to right lane.

Their just giving away licenses in NY. 90% of the time its someone who has not been in this country for very long! ( yet they get a license to drive ) :fire:

I had a lady merge into a van i was driving in slow bumper to bumper traffic. And all she could say something to the affect that she was merging and I was supposed to move...where I don't know since we were in bumper to bumper on Vanwyk Expressway. Mind you she didnt signal nor was even in sight . she was directly behind the passenger side door.

Yesterday, I was parking, and some guy pulls up next to me. He rolls down his window, and asked me if I saw a stop sign on the corner. I said that I did, and said "so what about it". He got upset, and said that he was at the other stop sign. So I said to him again "so what". He said that I cut in front of him, and since he was there first, I should have let him go first! I was trying to figure out what he wanted from me. He then asked me if I felt bad for cutting in front of him, and not letting him go first. I said to him "what do you want me to do". He just said that I was wrong, and he can't understand why it doesn't bother me. I waved to him, and rolled up my window. He finally left. Some people have road rage, and get very impatient, yet have all of the time in the world to start arguing! In the time that he was trying to pick a fight, he could have been most of the way in the direction that he was originally heading out to.

I have backed off my road rage and arguing. I just let people go by and when at stop light and they are to the right of me..I just take of nice and easy instead of racing them so they cant get in front. Its not worth it. Someone with no screws in his head can hurt you without a thought. I got a 2 year old with me all the time when I drive and I rather just let it go... I just mumble "moron cant drive", then she asks me "what he do daddy, he can't drive"

I remember when I was a kid, some guy with his girlfriend in an antique convertible kept cutting in front of my grandfather. He kept making very abrupt stops in front of us. My grandfather said that this guy was driving like that in order to impress his girlfriend. When he finally stopped at a light, my grandfather wanted to go into the other lane to go around him. This guy wanted to show that he owned the road. He angled his car in such a way that he was taking up both lanes, then he put his car in park, and started to rev his car as much as he could while the light was still red. My grandfather had enough of this guy, and started to ring his horn. He held his nose, and then started to wave his hand to show him that his car was stinking. This guy got upset, gave us the finger, and continued to blow smoke at us. The moral of the story is: if you see a nut driving, just stay clear.

Back