Arizona Run February 22-23 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run February 22-23

How mild are the milder runs considered? Would i be able to run either of these in a stock '97 sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AzExp
How mild are the milder runs considered? Would i be able to run either of these in a stock '97 sport?

Read the post 2 above your question. The answer is yes the truck can do it, but it takes more driving skill without the aid of locking differentials.

Originally posted by Rick
Read the post 2 above your question. The answer is yes the truck can do it, but it takes more driving skill without the aid of locking differentials.
Then how did Kevin do it? :shoot: He doesn't have any skills. :mattmoon:

Charlie!!!!

go HERE to see more pictures of fr-42, there should be more shots of the type of terrian

but like rick said a stock truck will do it but you need to be willing to get on it and pick your lines carefully. oh and dont be afraid of arizona pinstriping cause you will get some.:confused:

Map to Crown King Trail Meeting Spot

Attachments

• lakepleasentmap.gif
    lakepleasentmap.gif
    7 KB · Views: 193

Great Map Rick, Very Detailed:p :p

No one said I was a cartographer :p Hopefully they are clear enough for everyone to follow. I believe they should be.

Just messin with ya.
Cant wait for the end of the month:bounce:

It's coming quick! Just a week and a half to go!! I'm in the process of putting together an email to all the particapants right now.

Sweet!!

I have a ton of mods since the last run. Mostly to the motor.

Ben Jenkins Tube intake, I still have the KKM Filter
66mm BBK Throttle body
70mm Ford MAF
Jet Stage 2 chip

And some time next week I wil have a new Cat installed and a Flowmaster Exhaust.

If any one cares I will be staying in the Best Western Bell Hotel Thursday and sunday nights, and camping Friday and Saturday nights at the Black Canyon KOA, I will be alone so if anyone needs a crash spot let me know!!!!!!!

Originally posted by offroader_69_me
If any one cares I will be staying in the Best Western Bell Hotel Thursday and sunday nights, and camping Friday and Saturday nights at the Black Canyon KOA, I will be alone so if anyone needs a crash spot let me know!!!!!!!
Cool! Now I know where to make the crank calls to. :D

Originally posted by Rick
a week and a half to go!!

Hard to believe. I better book my hotel room tomorrow. Damn I am working my butt off to get the truck fixed. It is having the diff redone right now and I am praying the RCD bracket will be done ASAP. If I don't go, I am not a happy guy. :(

--Sean

That week and a half was a misprint... It's actually 2 1/2 weeks:rolleyes: I'm just so damn pysched I was WISHING it was in a week and a half :D

Normally I would be anxious for the run to get here, but considering the circumstances, I will take all the time I can get. :D

--Sean

comon sean just have same faith....eh nevermind remember the last time i said that

just get that truck fixed:D

Semi stock

HI everybody,

I was wondering if my truck sounds like it will make it with you guys. I have a 92 with a 3 inch body lift, 31 inch tires and a kkm intake and flowmaster exhaust. I am installing my rebuilt a4ld today. This is more of a stocker truck. Also, are any of those trails mentioned, not really 4x4 material. I have 4x4 but its tempermental and it really only comes on if I am not stuck. Thanks.

If you have little to no off-road experience I would not reccomend even the easier trails without a functioning fourwheel drive system. Even with 4x4 there are some sections which will challenge new offroaders.

ok so say i never said anything about the 4x4, do you think my truck would make it. I was raised offroad, my mom, dad, step dad, grandparents all have 4x4's. We have quads too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did all of this trail without my hubs locked in, but am locked in the rear and have pretty good flex along with enough experience and disregard to hit the gas when needed.

Back