Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
March was the overwhelming winner in the poll for an Arizona run. What better time in March than smack in the middle!

Details of the run will be forth coming, such as trails, hotel info, camping info etc.

Charles Wells has just come out with a new trail guide. The title is Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails. I highly reccomend this book to anyone who plans on attending and to Arizona natives as well. I have found loads of new trails in the book. If you decide to get the book order it from here: http://4x4books.com/ab.htm

He has it discounted to $17.95

Due to a discussion in the moderator forum it was decided in order to protect from liability all of those who help organize the runs we need to prohibit anyone under the age of 18 from attending the runs unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

The reason for this is twofold. 1. To keep the organizers from being held liable for damage to vehicles and personal injury. 2. If injurys are sustained to a minor hospitals cannot administer services without parental consent unless the injuries are life threatening. That means you could be sitting in a Moab hospital with broken leg until they could get consent from your parents to set it!

The good samaritan laws were mentioned, but that would only apply to first responders and not to medical personel at a hospital.

Sorry for the hassle, but it goes along with the crazy times we're living in.

Accomodations:
This hotel is about 2 miles from our house. Approx 30 minutes from one set of trails and 1-1/2 hrs from the other set of trails.

Hawthorne Suites 602-564-8000
1 bedroom Suite with full kitchen. Living room with sleeper sofa, Queen bed in bedroom $89

Studio 1 king bed, galley kitchen, with microwave, sink and refrigerator. $79

I will post additional hotel info soon.

Required Equipment: http://www.explorer4x4.com/trail_equip.html

Trails:
Saturday Everyone on the same trail Stock - Big Dawg. We will be doing the back way to Crown King. Most of the obstacles have easy bypasses except 1 or 2 where the stockers will need to be spotted through. Photos of the Crown King Trail: www.explorerforum.com/crownking_gerald

Saturday night dinner at Rick & Char's.

Sunday Big Dawgs... Martinez Canyon

Stockers and moderates, TBA

Registered Particpants
  1. Rick & Char Horwitz
  2. Jeff Glancy - Jefe Deposit accepted
  3. Alec Rosenbaum - Alec Deposit accepted
  4. Jared Doty - TwoToneFordExpl Deposit accepted
  5. Jeremy Hammer - Hammer97 Deposit accepted
  6. Tom Rios - FAKRWEE -Deposit accepted
  7. Michael Bouknight Deposit accepted
  8. Douglas Emerson - Becker69 Deposit accepted
  9. Ray Hutchinson - Deposit accepted
  10. Paul Bredehoft - Deposit accepted
  11. Colin Ignacio - Deposit accepted
  12. John Johnstone - Aquaman - Deposit
    accepted
  13. Keven Cross - offroadkc - Deposit accepted
  14. Robert Eberhardt - Robert - Deposit accepted
  15. ExplorGM - Rick Gamboa
  16. Mark Strickland - Maniak
  17. Rod Guajardo - Sinjin
  18. Jason Harris - Godspeed
    [/list=1]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aw nuts! I'll be on my way home by then.

Woohoo!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Splat gets to have some fun! Oh, and I'll enjoy myself also :cool:

I'm in :cool:

Are you saying Alec and his 2wd Ex were the first one to sign up? That supercharger, and plans for nitrous must be affecting him as well as his truck. :)

I guess I have no excuses for not attending this one. I won't have to take any days off of work for travel time. Hey, wait maybe I should take 1 or 2 off for planning and recouping. Can't wait for all of you to come and see where we play! Got ROCKS? :bounce: :bounce:

I'll be there, just signed up.

You had to pick the weekend before spring break starts didn't you. Wish I could make it. Have fun everyone.

Matt

Come On Colorado !

Lets make a BIG showin' . It'll be a blast ....... :bounce: :exporange

Will we be far away from North Phoenix? My Dad and Brother live in the Sunnyslope area.

Will we be out overnight?

Jim
ps: Just signed up!

Just outta curiousity, anyone know how long a trip it is from Denver? Oh, and Alec...how long are you going to be living in Austin? I'm probably moving back there next August...

hey rick thanks for the info on the book I might have to pick one up.

I will have to see what my plans are in march with school and such but I might be able to tag along in my bronco :eek:

Originally posted by TwoToneFordExpl
Just outta curiousity, anyone know how long a trip it is from Denver? Oh, and Alec...how long are you going to be living in Austin? I'm probably moving back there next August...

Figure on about 16 hours of driving.

Yes we will most likely be staying in the North Phoenix area. Of course you can camp if you want to, but on most of the runs people get hotel rooms.

Yep, or maybe....

I'm in! and maybe my truck is in too! Should be running this year so a March run works for me. Now, to see if Gerald trys to win the longest drive award. I'm sure thats the main reason he moved so far East. :)

Arizona Run

What kind of suspension mods are neccessary for the trails and what do the runs ussually involve. Been out wheelin' but not in AZ and not with an organized group. Hook me up with facts.:exp:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37810

Check out this thread on the Crownking run by Rick & Gerald. Also search the Moab runs.

Usually anything from stock to " I can't believe they did that to an Explorer" are at these runs. Best thing you can do is search around on this site to see what your in for.

Plus, these runs are 10 times more fun than what we write about, that's keep the runs down to less than 200 vehicles.

Have fun

Re: Arizona Run

Originally posted by Xceslimitd
What kind of suspension mods are neccessary for the trails and what do the runs ussually involve. Been out wheelin' but not in AZ and not with an organized group. Hook me up with facts.:exp:

There will be runs for completely stock Explorers on both days. We usually have 2-3 trails to choose from each day. Stock, modified and big-dawg.

Stay tuned for details on the exact trails to be run and their degree of difficulty.

Re: Come On Colorado !

Originally posted by rockymntnhi
Lets make a BIG showin' . It'll be a blast ....... :bounce: :exporange

I should be there, come on CO!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count this Coloradoan in :)

Marshall, make sure you let me know when you're leaving and we'll caravan if it's feasible.

Back