• Register Today It's free!

asking again

cowboyearl

Reaction score
City, State
columbia kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 exployer limited
How do you get the rubber cover on top of the engine off? It looks like the oil cap flange is on top of it.

How do you get the rubber cover on top of the engine off? It looks like the oil cap flange is on top of it.
Hi there cowboyearl. Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Unfortunately I don't have the answer you are looking for. Members here are usually very helpful if they do have the answer to questions you are asking.
I don't even know what purpose the cover serves unless it is protection for parts under it.
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but to bring your previous thread back to the top of the list, all you have to do is Reply to it or use the Quote button and you could then have entered the same message that you started this thread with.
I hope you find the answer you are looking for. In the meantime, Happy Motoring!;)

Peter

Thanks for info

Thanks,
I'm not sure of the purpose either. Looks good though. If haynes comes out with the 2012 manual it will probably show how to remove it.
I don't really need to, but i would just like to know how if i need to. I would like to see under it.

I"ll ask at the dealership the next time I'm there.

Earl

I removed the engine cover myself the other day to inspect what the dealership had done to fix the ticking noise on my engine.

First, unscrew the black knob at the top right of the Ford symbol. All you have to do to get the engine oil cap out of the way is to squeeze the engine cover out. When they placed the cover on, they just shoved it through the flange. I didn't bother removing the last bit holding down the cover though.

Hope this helps.

Back