Aston Martin Vanquish with an Explorer front axle! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aston Martin Vanquish with an Explorer front axle!

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
An article in the Cars section of my local newspaper talked about the cars used in James Bond movies. In the new movie, Bond drives a Vanquish and the villian drives a Jaguar XKR, both Ford products. Here's a quote:

"If you think the Aston Martin and Jaguar star cars seem unusually competent in the winter-driving scenes in "Die Another Day", you're right. To help keep them on the straight and narrow, both vehicles were converted to accept the four-wheel-drive system from the Ford Explorer."

No other details given. Pretty cool, though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I heard about that from some ppl, pretty dang cool!

which sploder 4x4 system did they use? it sure wasnt the 91-94 ....

I believe they used the AWD system

hmmm..... wonder if they still have the XKR suspension just laying around in a back lot somewere... think ill go give 'em a call...:D

My newspaper said they took out the V12 and stuck in a ford V8(probly a 302 not 351) so they had room for the front axle to convert it to AWD as well as add in a machine gun and rocket launcher...

Didnt read the Jaguar part sorry.

What I had heard (from an internal Marketing presentation) was that they started with the Explorer drivetrain and chassis, basically putting the Vanquish and XKR bodies on the chassis.

There was an article on it in motor trend. It was a carberated 302 w/an awd transfercase and explorer front axle, which is all i remember :rolleyes:

yeah, i read that article. they were 302 crate motors.

Back