Atlas II + Stock Transfer case?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Atlas II + Stock Transfer case??

just doin a lil research for my project explorer, i was readin an old 4wheel and offroad, but i have seen this many times before, just prompted me to ask, is it possible to mate a stock transfer case w/ an atlas II to achieve a super low crawl ratio???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• klune&atlas.jpg
    klune&atlas.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,191

Not sure if the adapters are availalble.... But ya could also do a dana 20 or dana 300 and run low gear sets in it of 4:1. I'm gonna do that some day, but I've also got a T-5WC tranny behind my 5.0
Pete

Originally posted by RFR2212
Not sure if the adapters are availalble.... But ya could also do a dana 20 or dana 300 and run low gear sets in it of 4:1. I'm gonna do that some day, but I've also got a T-5WC tranny behind my 5.0
Pete

No adapters for those t-cases either.

Actually there isn't one adapter for the Ranger/Explorer/BII t-case to anything but a BW1350, BW1354 or Atlas2 unless you do what I explained above.

Originally posted by CoryL

Because the only way to get one is to swap in a C4 tranny behind a C5 bellhousing or put a C4 tailshaft and t-case adapter in/on your C5.

Klune doesn't make anything for the Ranger/Explorer/BII.

Well if your going to keep the stock tranny then you might as well not do the whole thang! :D I would much rather swap out the whole tranny and transfercase if I was going to go this route. Get rid of all the bad links that way. :)

Originally posted by rpenner54

Well if your going to keep the stock tranny then you might as well not do the whole thang! :D I would much rather swap out the whole tranny and transfercase if I was going to go this route. Get rid of all the bad links that way. :)

Oh God, so would I.

I was just stating that this was the only way to do it that I know of, besides going totally custom.

Back