Attention Ford IVT Team | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attention Ford IVT Team

The MFT situation and this thread are getting old....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe if we stay good little Explorer owners, Santa will come by in his new 2012 Explorer with our MFT fix by January. =D

Bump. I'm hoping that Rebecca is looking into this and its just taking some time, rather than a blatant ignoring.

Rebecca, if you cannot tell us, or if they are not telling you, I'd also like to know that (I won't be mad at you personally Rebecca I promise!)

I'm not sure, but this sounds like it could be the fix, with a few other niceties added to it:

http://www.freep.com/article/201110...ety-innovations-into-Explorer-early-next-year

Thanks for pointing to that! This is what is important to me anyway;

"Ford has upgraded MyFord Touch’s voice-recognition software and simplified the dashboard-embedded touch screen."

Sounds like a complete revamp to me. The "simplified" part probably refers to removing the fluff....like flash, which is messing up the whole ballgame. Bravo if true. :thumbsup:

I am sure there is more as mentioned which is probably why all lips are sealed and we are being ignored in this thread....no fault of Rebecca we know, its surely a corporate rule.

I took this post on 10/21 in one of the sticky MFT problem threads as a hint you may need 2.11 to upgrade;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame16 View Post
I still have 2.4 with no problems. What are the benefits of an update? Or should I stay with what I have and go by the old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Blueflame16 -

"If you would like to wait until the self-install version is available again, you can; however, I do suggest getting 2.11 at some point in the near future. Let me know if you have any questions!"
Rebecca

Why else would you recommend to upgrade in the "near" future if someone is having no problems? ;)

Purely speculation on my part though....been wrong many times in my life!

I'm not sure, but this sounds like it could be the fix, with a few other niceties added to it:

http://www.freep.com/article/201110...ety-innovations-into-Explorer-early-next-year

I didn't see anything in that article which suggested that any of this was going to be retrofitted into current models. You're assuming that it's an "update" to existing MFT systems, but it really reads more like a list of features for future models. And anyway, "safety innovations" are fine but I'd rather see a the existing MFT run as intended as opposed to a bunch of new features I don't need.

I bought this to enjoy the technology and the ride...I enjoy the ride, the tech part so far really missed the boat. I will not roll over and accept that it does not work as advertised, they will have to fix it or eventually take it back.

Granted, mine isn't that bad (and I am still on 2.4), it's not quite what I expected. I am on a lease, and likely will be moving on to something with the ability to pair two phones, texting, pandora, etc (things which have been "coming soon" for too long). I love my explorer, I'm just a little disappointed in a few features of the IVT that are as important to me as the styling of the car, or the comfort. It's a package deal to me at this price point.

Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to share the new "Make the Most of MyFord Touch" page. It includes some information on updating your vehicle to the latest software level. Best of all, there is some information on the upcoming no-charge performance upgrade, which will be retroactive to all MyFord MyLincoln Touch Owners.

Check out the link below for more references to the performance upgrade:

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/technology/updates-sync-with-myford-touch

Also, make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the corresponding public announcement.

Rebecca

Update

Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to share the new "Make the Most of MyFord Touch" page. It includes some information on updating your vehicle to the latest software level. Best of all, there is some information on the upcoming no-charge performance upgrade, which will be retroactive to all MyFord MyLincoln Touch Owners.

Check out the link below for more references to the performance upgrade:

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/technology/updates-sync-with-myford-touch

Rebecca

Is this current update above 2.11?

Wow, sounds nice. I hope that in addition to making it look better with nice fonts and larger text, that the underlying issues are fixed as well. I personally don't care what it looks like so as long as it works.

Bravo!! Looking forward to the new stuff....

Have not had a problem in a few weeks since I started turning off the radio before turning off the car.

Rebecca- is it still a flash-based program, or did they completely redo the system with something more stable?

Though the graphics do look nice, and make things much easier to read, I wish they would say what "bugs" were being addressed in the update, as well as whether the underlying technologies have changed (ms auto 4.1 vs. ms auto 7, flash lite, vs. silverlight, etc).

I also find it disheartening that there is no mention of third party applications, or integration with apps. Either the amount of information released is severely lacking for the size of the undertaking, or the size of the undertaking is severely lacking for a year long wait and dozens of bugs.

Rebecca- is it still a flash-based program, or did they completely redo the system with something more stable?

This information has not been released yet, so I can't speculate at this time.

Though the graphics do look nice, and make things much easier to read, I wish they would say what "bugs" were being addressed in the update, as well as whether the underlying technologies have changed (ms auto 4.1 vs. ms auto 7, flash lite, vs. silverlight, etc).

I also find it disheartening that there is no mention of third party applications, or integration with apps. Either the amount of information released is severely lacking for the size of the undertaking, or the size of the undertaking is severely lacking for a year long wait and dozens of bugs.

The Performance Upgrade will address the issues our customers are having, along with making the system easier to use.

Rebecca

The Performance Upgrade will address the issues our customers are having, along with making the system easier to use.

While I appreciate the response, it doesn't tell me anything. What issues in particular. Why can't we get a change log that shows all the issues that were addressed? And why wouldn't they release information about whether the underlying technologies were changed (flash vs. silverlight, etc)?

All I'm getting from the press releases is "It's faster, and it looks pretty", but that doesn't say anything.

For an example: Here is the last Apple iOS Release Notes

iOS 5 Software Update

This update contains over 200 new features, including the following:

• Notifications
◦ Swipe from the top of any screen to view notifications in one place with Notification Center
◦ New notifications appear briefly at the top of the screen
◦ View notifications from lock screen
◦ Slide the notification app icon to the right on the lock screen to go directly to the app
• iMessage
◦ Send and receive unlimited text, photo, and video messages with other iOS 5 users
◦ Track messages with delivery and read receipts
◦ Group messaging and secure encryption
◦ Works over cellular network and Wi-Fi*
• Newsstand
◦ Automatically organizes magazine and newspaper subscriptions on Home Screen
◦ Displays the cover of the latest issue
◦ Background downloads of new issues#
• Reminders for managing to do lists
◦ Syncs with iCloud, iCal and Outlook
◦ Location-based reminders when you leave or arrive at a location for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
• Built-in support for Twitter

...... cut for brevity

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

======================================================

While I appreciate the response, it doesn't tell me anything. What issues in particular. Why can't we get a change log that shows all the issues that were addressed? And why wouldn't they release information about whether the underlying technologies were changed (flash vs. silverlight, etc)?

All I'm getting from the press releases is "It's faster, and it looks pretty", but that doesn't say anything.

For an example: Here is the last Apple iOS Release Notes

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers you're looking for and I don't want to speculate and give you incorrect information. If I do receive any answers to your questions, I will be sure to let you know :)

Rebecca

It offers better performance and doesn't black-screen as often. Oh wait, that was 2.11. :)

I'm hoping that this one is truly the sweeping update that everyone wants, but I'll not be shocked if it's simply another band-aid with dumbed down screens. I admit that I chuckled when I read in the Q&A that there would be no more black screen reboots. But maybe it really will be fantastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds all good, but I'll wait and see in the 1st qtr release.

Back