Attica Turkey Run! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attica Turkey Run!

Ill be up there for sure saturday morning. I might have to pass on sunday due to a few changes in my plans. I have 2 other buddys coming with me bring their jeeps. Ill be at the place around 9/10 o clock. Ive talked with a few people via email hopefully we can all meet up saturday morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New toy? it's an old VW Microbus, a 1965 vintage. I'm not only into wheeling you know, I'm also a great fan of old VW's. I bought this baby a few months ago from an original owner in OKC. and Pete.... I have plenty of room in my garage. Even though it's cold outside my garage is warm. It's great to work in heated environment. My truck? it'll be ready for Saturday's trip. I still need to bleed my brakes and install rear add-a-leaf and of course align the front end. I called Rocky Mountain to get the bushings. It'll be done.

Later,

I dunno Matt....I think Scott will hold your hand! As for goin to the bathroom, I think you're on your own!
Pete

Matt's no WUSS! I don't know anyone else with nads big enough to take a stock sport on the orange. Not even me, unless it belonged to someone else, now that would be fun.

Updated list
RFR2212 (Pete) - both days
Riffman - both days
Kampy - both days

2001(Matt) - Sunday only
JJW (John) - Saturday only
1TFROT (Steve) Sunday only w/ 5-8 others
TonyB - Saturday +2
Sunday?

Andre - out
Big Dave - out
Rich - out

Thats fine, 5+ trucks each day

Matt, bring that dodge with, He's only a little wider and about the same length as me.

Scott, if thats for an inside shaft, a stub shaft, 2 joints, and about 3 hours of labor it sounds real close. Can he have the parts and have them in by Friday? If not we may have to steal them from Andre, he won't need them on the interstate. :D

honestly i don't know what the breakdown is. The parts are on thier way, and they PROMISED me it would be done by friday. Now, i don't have that in writing (dumb fu@#in me)...so we'll see. I did tell them fixed or not, i need it to leave butt nasty early saturday morning. so one way or another i will be there.

Todd, the wuss thing was carried over from another thread that I was being obnoxious on. I'll leave a note on the guys Dodge and see if he calls. With a rig like that he's probably a manager and they never get any time off. We'll see.

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 11-14-2000 at 08:21 PM]

CAN I PLAY

I LIVE IN THE SW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO AND AM INTERESTED IN PLAYING TOO. I HAVE A STOCK 97 SOHC 4DR 4X4. THE ONLY MOD I HAVE IS A BRUSH BAR. CAN I PLAY WITHOUT GETTING AN TRIP TO THE BODY SHOP? IF THE TRAILS ARENT TOO BAD THEN I'M IN JUST GIVE ME DIRECTIONS AND A TIME

Will, I love eager people like you...I can't give ya directions now...But hell yea ya can wheel with us! Theres something for everyone! and we'll take it light for ya....at times...someone will respond with your request..if not...I'll get that later...It's late here
Pete

Whoa there big fella....easy on the caps lock.

how your truck comes out all depends on how hard you wheel. there are things that you can do there, that you will still have fun one, and not have to worry about body damage. but i wouldn't suggest running any of the trails. espically stock. i got some body damage, tree pinstriping, and stuff like that on the green trail, and im lifted. but come on out, mess around a little bit, then ride w\ one of us on the trails and stuff. you'll have a blast!!

some people are coming down for both days, some are only going to be there for one day. as far as directions go, i can't really help ya out on that one. since i don't know where you are coming from.....I can tell ya, though, that Attica is about 2o Miles insdide the Indiana Border on 74 and 15 miles north on 41. On thier website, the directinos from chicago are this:

S 41 South to Attica. At first stop light, turn right onto Perry Street. Straight on Perry Street to 4 - way stop sign. Straight through stop sign, 1/2 mile to entrance on right side of the road.

I personally, assuming that my rig is fixed, Will be there between 7:30-8:00 Central Time 8:30-9:00 Eastern time (attica is now in the eastern time zone....) Hope to see ya there!!!

Heres their site. http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/ Has the address on there etc.. You can find directions that way. Im in a stock 97 sport also. And we will be up there 9 o clock eastern time and will probably sit around in our trucks until 10. Drop me and email and we can exchange phone #s to make it easier if you want.

oh yeah...got a CB? if so, we use ch. 25.....you can communicate w\ that too....

No cb yet. Ill get one. I want to do a few other mods before a CB though :)

Riff, I should be there 9am eastern also. Still don't have those frickin t-case mounts ether. Ordered last tuesday but will come reguardless. Not gonna miss this one!

Tony, you will miss a lot if you sit in your truck until 10. We start wheelin when the park opens.

Pete-Do you talk in incomplete sentences too?

Riffman-What do you mean easy on the capslock? At least Will's capslock works you lowercase maniac!

Dead Link Removed

Hey, check this out guys! RH drive, notice the floor shifter!! Pretty cool!
View

MATT...YOU HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back