Audio system...plans..Discreet sub box? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audio system...plans..Discreet sub box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
Well, right now my audio system is pretty straight forward. I have an aftermarket sony something or other hu, stock speakers, ect ect. I do have, a loudspeaker, mounted under my car. I love that, it has many uses. You can use it for when you are outside, to listen to music, ect. Also, my favorite use is to yell at other drivers thru it via mic. Anyway, I would like some input on my plans for a sub box. Right now, I just have a boring old eclipse dual box in the back. I like the sound, but hate the space. So, my plan is to build a sub box, that doubles as a rear seat bench. I have some general ideas, but would like further input. I have build many sub boxes, so I do have a fair idea what I am doing. My over all plan, is to build it in the general shape of the rear seats, and have subs mouned facing down, on the bottom of the "seat", with a gaurd of course, the the top would be a flat piece of carpeted MDF, so it can be used as a seat if needed. Plus, it also hides the subs. It wont be all that comfortable to sit in, but I almost never have people back there anyway.

So, what are your thoughts for my discreet sub box?

Could build a box for the cargo area:

Attachments

• IMG_2464 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2464 (Small).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4,496

I had thought about that, but if I build one for my cargo area it can only hold one 10. I want at least one 12, and hopefully 2.

Not a bad idea though, and I had considered it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back