• Register Today It's free!

Totally Clear Sub Box??

mrsteve

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Would it be possible to have a sub box that is totally clear? I mean made out of clear fiberglass or plexi-glass or something like that. I have seen boxes made of MDF with clear windows but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a box totally clear. I think it would look awesome. Put a little neon in there and it would be the coolest box ever. The only thing I am worried about is the box not being able to stand the air pressure from the subs. Basicly I want the look of a bandpass with the performance and sound of a sealed box. I plan on selling the subs I have now and buying 2 10" MTX Thunder6000's. I am going to get a new box too. Maybe custom made so that it would fit perfectly across the back behind the seats. Thanks.

That'll cost you a VERY pretty penny. Plexiglass construction is pretty expensive, and it takes someone with a lot of experience to make it look really nice, since it's a difficult material to work with. Hmm, I know that at least, if you want the sealed style with the window look, Crutchfield has that MTX triple 10" special. I don't know how long it is to fit perfectly between the wheel well, but that would be an option...

Jon

I really don't wanna shell out that kinda cash for the triple 10's right now. I may just go with a custom MDF box that fits below the cargo cover and fits across the back. my box now leaves about eight inches on each side and it's about a half inch above where the cargo cover roll is. It still fits under I just have to move it towards the hatch a little. Oh well so much for that idea. It would be awesome though.

Back