aussie locker, EF sponsor | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aussie locker, EF sponsor

well lefy, on the first page is this link for their 8.8 locker. im pretty sure it's for open carriers only.
their site shows the d35 ifs locker, but it doesnt seem available for purchase yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford 8.8 and Dana 35 Aussie Locker

Ford 8.8 Aussies are in stock. Dana 35s due in any day and we are set up for test install on Explorer and will advise the site as soon as it is complete. Sorry for the very lengthly delay on the Dana 35 but is a new design and has taken much longer than all earlier projections.

AussieLocker,

If you're looking for a test, I'm willing to buy a locker and install it in an 8.8 axle that is not in my truck. I plan to install the axle in the very near future (I'm swapping 3.55 axles for 4.10 axles). I'd be willing to document every single step (pictures and/or video) in an effort to help you and other members of the site. Let me know if you're interested.

Dave.

Aussie Locker Test

Bronco638 said:
AussieLocker,

If you're looking for a test, I'm willing to buy a locker and install it in an 8.8 axle that is not in my truck. I plan to install the axle in the very near future (I'm swapping 3.55 axles for 4.10 axles). I'd be willing to document every single step (pictures and/or video) in an effort to help you and other members of the site. Let me know if you're interested.

Dave.

Thank you for the exceptional offer Dave, but we have done the Ford 8.8 and have a link on our web site for those doing the installation. We also have a front install set up for evaluation before releasing the new Dana 35 for the Explorer front diff. Again, you offer is a very attractive one but sadly a little late for us.

AL,

No problem, thanks for the response. I already have the No Spin in the front diff and installed that axle over the weekend. I still plan to buy an Aussie and install that in my 8.8. I will review the install instructions, thanks for letting me know they're there.

D.

I recieved my dana 44 aussie locker today. It took about a week for it to get here after ordering. seems about right for ground shipping from new york to california. I ended up calling on the phone to order after having trouble trying to order online. Hopefully I will get it installed this weekend and be able to test it out in the next few weeks.

Also aussie please change your hold music. For a second I thought I was riding in one 410fortune elevators :D

it says you can only install them in a open diff? is that true? why the hell would they make it for a suv that only can with a posi rear end? thats retarded

Posi or LSD Limitation

The Aussie Locker, and its direct competitors are designed for installation in open case diffs only. Most LSD or Posi cases are nothing more than an open case with metal removed to make room for clutch packs, or other components that make up the LSD. We make our products such as the Dana 35, Dana 44, etc. for wide range of models, and we are aware that in some instances vehicle manufacturers only used LSD diffs in certain model years. Our customers who want the traction the Aussie Locker provides, along with the reliability chose to purchase either a used or aftermarket open case and replace the LSD case in their vehicles. While this takes the installation out of many weekend mechanics comfort zone due to having to reset backlash, it does provide them with 100% traction vs. the very limited amount inherent in the LSD and posi diffs.

9140 said:
it says you can only install them in a open diff? is that true? why the hell would they make it for a suv that only can with a posi rear end? thats retarded
What makes you think Ex's only came with posi?

9140 said:

1. It's not any locker mfg's fault if an axle happens to have a L/S in it, they are simply making a product available for people who want it.

2. It's safe to say the majority of people who are in the market for a locker are or will eventually change their gear ratio (and tire size) so that usually but not always means they will have to buy a new carrier (or full case locker) to accept the new (lower) gearset.

3. They are not just making it for an SUV(Explorer)...the Ford 8.8 is also found in Ranger's, BII's and some fullsized trucks to name a few...give the Aussie Locker guys a break :rolleyes:

new to all this locker talk so here is a ques. if i lock the front do i have to lock the rear.

No.

yeah it would be a daily driver/off road rig. its gonna be on the street mostly but when i get off the street it gets used.

the aussie does just fine on the street. If you go fast around the corners, it will chirp, but if you don't go crazy, it will be just fine. It clicked pretty loud when I first installed it, but now, if you have the stereo on, you almost can't even hear it.
:thumbsup:

rino351 said:
If you go fast around the corners, it will chirp, but if you don't go crazy, it will be just fine.

Haha, like that'll happen. Remember we're talking about a supercharged 5.0 here. :D

so true.

Now with the tranny fixed in mine, I like to push it as well. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

guys i bought a aussie for my xj jeep (dana30) in the front . i've run it for about 4months wheelin it hard every weekend . never any problems . never one tire spinning . i'm thinking about buying one for the 8.8rear thats in the xj .

the aussies smooth working and don't make hardly any noise .

Back