aussie locker, EF sponsor | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aussie locker, EF sponsor

9140 said:
it says you can only install them in a open diff? is that true? why the hell would they make it for a suv that only can with a posi rear end? thats retarded

I just pulled an 8.8 out of a first generation explorer and it is an open diff.

Still debating on weather i will weld it up like the one in the truck or buy a real locker for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine's been installed for a couple of weeks now. It's very tractable on the street (I've chirped the rear tires once). The ratcheting (clicking) noise while taking a corner is noticable (with the windows down). I have not been off-road yet but so far, so good.

any updates on the aussie locker long term use???

Aussie Locker

any updates on the aussie locker long term use???

For our side we have Aussie Lockers installed by the thousands in the USA and Canada, many over 4 years in operation and still going strong on oversized tires and highpowered engines. Never seen a broken Aussie Locker yet and warranty claims over 4 years are a fraction of a %.

lol, you don't have to convince me as you are currently sending one to anaheim for my 91 X front dana 35 and it is currently between your shop and mine...i was posting here just to see, since this thread is older, if anyone had any newer updates...:D

you might look into this thread which is new and current as they are looking for 8.8 lockers and are not getting any feedback...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189685

we have Aussie Lockers installed by the thousands in the USA and Canada.
I can't imagine more than a small fraction of those are Explorer rear lockers, since those seem to have been virtually perpetually back-ordered since they were released :(.

Aussie Locker

I can't imagine more than a small fraction of those are Explorer rear lockers, since those seem to have been virtually perpetually back-ordered since they were released :(.

We understand your frustration. We usually get over 100 of the Ford 8.8 per shipment but in the past few months, volume on other models have caused slips in the production of the XD48831. It is interesting to see a model set on the shelf for months with sales of one or two a week and suddenly demand go to 5 or 10 a day. With our lead times in Australia we simply cannot react overnight to rapid changes in demand, so we are in a backorder situation on some models more frequently than others. For those who are waiting for some XD48831 lockers to arrive, they will be shipping next Friday by air freight to us in the USA.

The number of Ford 8.8 installed is significantly greater than a "small fraction" of total sales and reliability ratings are comperable with the high volume models.

...It is interesting to see a model set on the shelf for months with sales of one or two a week and suddenly demand go to 5 or 10 a day.
:dunno: I wonder if demand co-insides with certain trail runs that clubs have planned. When clubs schedule a big MOAB run in Sept I would imagine sales of lockers would increase in July-Aug.. Of course having a crystal ball to see future demand would be ideal... ;)
With our lead times in Australia we simply cannot react overnight to rapid changes in demand, so we are in a backorder situation on some models more frequently than others. For those who are waiting for some XD48831 lockers to arrive, they will be shipping next Friday by air freight to us in the USA.
Will you have a sufficient quantity of 8.8's coming in to fill your current orders? I ask because I ordered one a few weeks back and wondering if I'll be waiting another month+ for the next run to arrive.

Hey AussieLocker! Thanks for the wonderful locker on this D44 (XD-14430) !!

DSC_0228_resize.jpg

that rig would fit well in my growing stable...:D

old cowboy here, anything with horses is stabled at the barn...:p:

Aussie Locker

:dunno: I wonder if demand co-insides with certain trail runs that clubs have planned. When clubs schedule a big MOAB run in Sept I would imagine sales of lockers would increase in July-Aug.. Of course having a crystal ball to see future demand would be ideal... ;)

Will you have a sufficient quantity of 8.8's coming in to fill your current orders? I ask because I ordered one a few weeks back and wondering if I'll be waiting another month+ for the next run to arrive.

We have looked at event timing vs. demand and yes that has some influence, but it does not explain the wide variations we end up seeing over the course of 12 months. Murphy seems to dictate that demand rises in inverse proportion to the availabile inventory.

Yes, all back orders for the XD48831 will be shipped from next weeks shipment and we will have some inventory.

Thank you

Urgent but simple question...what gear oil is recommended for a dana 35 front axle w/new 4.56, when you put the aussie locker in??? any additives??? i read aussies info and i didn't see any suggestions...anybody???

Aussie Locker Diff Oil

Urgent but simple question...what gear oil is recommended for a dana 35 front axle w/new 4.56, when you put the aussie locker in??? any additives??? i read aussies info and i didn't see any suggestions...anybody???

As our manual states on page 4, if you are running in hot weather we recommend 85/140 gear lube. You can use any diff lube you wish and the warranty is valid.

thanks for the response...i was all into the seperate special sheet for the dana 35 front axle and i skimmed the book twice and could not find it...i do appreciate you responding on a saturday and i'll probably be doing a writeup on the install...again thank you...:salute:

The lockers must be in :thumbsup:

I just received shipping confirmation that my bundle of joy will be arriving on 7/10 sweeeet!

it's aussie season, :D now my mechanic buddy showed up 40 mins late and his quick appointment showed up over an hour late and i'm still waiting to start on it,lol...i'm pacing like a mad man...i can't wait to get it on the rocks...and aussielocker has been right on top of everything i have asked, ;)

Hey AussieLocker -- Is there going to be an Aussie Locker for the Dana 60 carrier in the near future?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

need to bring this thread back to life!!!!i just ordered the XD-48831 for my 8.8 and went to order the locker for the front d35,XD-13527.is that the right locker and it also says its out of stock.is it just out of stock do you all not make it anymore??when will it be back in stock?

Back