Auto Lock Feature | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Lock Feature

nameskreen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ford Explorer Limited
I have a 97 Mountaineer and the auto lock feature (the feature that locks all the doors when you press the brake pedal) has stopped working. I used the key pad to deactivate and activate it again but it still doesn't work, and all the doors are closed - no door ajar light on. Any ideas? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your fuses? I had this happen on a 2000 Mountaineer and it turned out that the fuse for the reverse lights, auto-lock, O/D OFF and rear defogger had been removed, Put a new fuse in it (#27 on a '00) and everything started working again.

Thanks. That was it. It was number 26 on mine. The owner's manual didn't list auto lock, but I checked my reverse lights and they were out,so I replaced the 10 amp fuse and now everything is good

Congrats! It was tricky to find on mine, because someone had "borrowed" my fuse and left the place for it empty. Only reason I found it is because I read someone else's post about fixing something else on that circuit. My owner's manual didn't list the auto-lock fuse either. I checked one of my other trucks and saw that the fuse location should have been populated. I thought I had 4 problems, but it turned out to just be one. The missing fuse. It was very rewarding to just stick a fuse in there and fix 4 things.

I feel ya. Thanks again

Back