Autolamp Not Working 2005 Ford Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Autolamp Not Working 2005 Ford Explorer XLS

olliegam21

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ford Explorer XLS 4x4
:usa:I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLS, I have been upgrading the truck with all original parts and added the limited front bumper with fog lights and the correct light switch. I have the limited rear view mirror with dimmer and it works correctly as do the fog lights however I cannot get the Autolamp feature to work. I have checked to make sure power is there, fuse is good, sensor is all there.

Please if anyone can help with what I have missed to get this working.

This so frustrating this is the last thing that I have left on the truck to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you install the autolamp light sensor in the center of the dash?

Oh N/M you said sensor.

I'll see if I can get you wiring diagrams to see if there is something you missed.

2005 Ford Explorer Autolamp

Thank you for responding back... yes I do have the sensor installed on the dash. I would greatly appreciate it if you could get the wiring diagram. I just cant seem to figure out what we missed. The wiring diagram will help alot.

Looks like it goes though the central security module.

2psoo6u.jpg

2005 Ford Explorer Autolamp

I really cannot thank enough for sending that to me, we will check it out this weekend I will definetly let you know how it goes.

Back