• Register Today It's free!

autozone shackles

pete99ex

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
hey everyone my brother is going to get me that add a leaf kit for a christmas present. id really like to have his help when doin my tt aal and shackles so i want to do it when hes down here for christmas so since im in a bit of a time crunch i heard that autozone makes a shackle similiar to the warrior.does anybody have any feedback on this and the price or a part number thanks
pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are universal lift shackles. There are quite a few members who have them and haven't run into any issues. I would atleast recommend adding a center support between the shackles. They will probably run you about $15-20 for a set.

I just picked up a set myself, they cost me $15.99! I plan to weld a center support on once they are mounted on my Ex though.

Might be even cheaper to go to a welding place and buy 4 lengths of 3/8 bar stock and drilling the holes yourself. It's a lot beefier looking and you can add a support too if you like. My setup with hardware ended up costing about 20$CAD

Yea, I thought about that too but by the time I bought the stock and had it cut (cutting and drilling good 3/8" steel isn't easy!) It was just easier (and more lazy of me) to go to Zone and pay $15. :) Plus you get new bolts and all.

I have the AutoZone-type shackles, but mine came from O'Reilly. I paid $12 for them and then stripped the Zinc coating and bolted/welded braces into them.

Attachments

• LEDs 016 (Small).jpg
    LEDs 016 (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 300

Back