• Register Today It's free!

b2 fuel tank install?

merc2dogs

Reaction score
City, State
grand rapids Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie
Keep coming accross references to swapping in a bronco 2 tank pretty much as a way of balancing the truck out and eliminating the lean, did some searches but haven't had any luck finding anything.

Anyone know what's involved and other advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks
Ken.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HUGE PROJECT

you can eliminate the lean by cranking/adjusting your torsion bars

Putting a BII gas tank in an Explorer is a huge undertaking, there are crossmembers that would need to be cut, the tank will stick up through the floor in the back even with a body lift. the fuel lines would need to be extended, the spare tire say goodbye, the shocks need to be re-configured, etc
The reason you didnt find anything is because nobody does this... it was talked about alot back in the day but only a handful of hard core trail rigs ever got the BII tank.

BII tank is 23 gallons and shares a similar fuel pump, those are the ONLY things you would have going for you

Someday I'll get back to putting in my F-150 tank in, and do a write up:rolleyes:

RockRanger did it in his Ranger, there's some similarities...

Check his build thread for the step by step.

Thanks guys, I have a first gen explorer, so just coils.
spent some time on rockrangers build, he got seriously into it I'd say!

Have access to a pretty well trashed B2, think I'll pull the tank and slip it into position to see how much work will be needed.

I don't use the spare carrier, Don't mind if I have to throw in an extra cross member or do a little playing around.

Thanks again!
Ken.

Back