Back from Moab - put your photos and stories here | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back from Moab - put your photos and stories here

thats my guess as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Am I allowed to guess?

Hey Aqua, next time you bring a camera why dont you try using it? I mean geeze all this technology and those are all the pictures you got?

I'm surprised that camera still works after that button was pushed 750 times.....

Those are great pictures and movies, maybe next time we'll just put it on record and strap it to your hood for the entire weekend!!!

I would love to sit down and go through you family photo album some time, I'm just afraid it would take a year or so to get through the first few pages!!! hahahaha you are crazy man! especially standing on your hood at top of the world! I wouldnt come within 4' of that edge without having my front bumper to hold on to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Hey Aqua, next time you bring a camera why dont you try using it? I mean geeze all this technology and those are all the pictures you got?

I'm surprised that camera still works after that button was pushed 750 times.....

Those are great pictures and movies, maybe next time we'll just put it on record and strap it to your hood for the entire weekend!!!

I would love to sit down and go through you family photo album some time, I'm just afraid it would take a year or so to get through the first few pages!!! hahahaha you are crazy man! especially standing on your hood at top of the world! I wouldnt come within 4' of that edge without having my front bumper to hold on to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, that's only the beginning of his craziness... :confused:

Better not let the Sand Flats ranger see you stealin their sand...

Awesome shot...

Shoulda tried to spit on 'em :D

And to finish it off:

:p

Nice pictures as always John...

whos the kid?

John's daughter...

You've never heard of the "Moab Princess?" She only comes out when Explorer's are in town. I have heard of Jeepers searching high and low, just to catch a glimps of the elusive princess.....Aqua was lucky enough to have her along for the ride!!!!

She must really adore sport tracs......

oh ok thanks

Re: I'm settled!

Originally posted by Alec
We got a pic of 4 trucks: Splat, Brian1, and 2xClimbnaked on the large arch. Great pic.

I am fairly confident that I am not the only person that would really like to see that photo! Post it!

(removed dead link)

Everyone's picks are great so far. Aquaman, thanks for actually posting some of me :D I was wondering if everyone just avoided taking pictures of mine, or was it that I drove too slow and missed the photo ops? I haven't got a chance to post my pics yet, since this is the first time I have been able to access the net since I moved last week. I should have them ready sometime within the next week.

P.S. If anyone wants to go to Moab, I am now live less than 2 hours away :p

Re: Re: I'm settled!

Originally posted by GJarrett

I am fairly confident that I am not the only person that would really like to see that photo! Post it!

And where is this? I haven't been there yet. Awesome photo.

that's gemini bridges on the small bridge from the other side of where you took yours...

The "Moab Princess"
05300248.JPG

took this picture
05300255.JPG

Could it be a crush???

Re: Re: Re: I'm settled!

Originally posted by TwoToneX
that's gemini bridges on the small bridge from the other side of where you took yours...

Okay, I can believe the reverse angle, but I cannot picture where the photographer is taking the pic from, except from midair, unless with a heckuva telephoto lense. Who took that photo and from where? Did you guys take some 'Copter rides we didn't hear about? Wow.

I guess there was a platform on the other side but I sure don't remember it at all.

Time to return to Moab! :D
For another look! :D

Re: Re: I'm settled!

Originally posted by GJarrett

Originally posted by Alec
We got a pic of 4 trucks: Splat, Brian1, and 2xClimbnaked on the large arch. Great pic.

Dead Link Removed
And the drivers next to the trucks:
Dead Link Removed

Next time we will have to get a pic from where you guys took your picture.

Lunch spot on the 7 Mile Rim trail...
05300069.JPG
05300081.JPG

Full-size Pic Full-size Pic

Gerald on the offcamber spot on the way to Wipeout Hill
05300153.JPG

Full-size Pic

A man proud to leave his mark on Moab
05300189.JPG
05300190.JPG

Don't hit the brakes Michael!
05300207.JPG

Full-size Pic

Video of Matt "Rock Ranger" doing Wipeout Hill
If Windows Media Player won't play the video for you, then open it with the Apple Quicktime Player.

Gerald - that was me that took the Gemini Bridges picture of Jared's, Kevin's, and my truck. I hiked around the rim until I got straight across. It didn't take that long. It's a cool area. Look at the birds nest my wife found.
06020105.JPG
06020106.JPG

Originally posted by Aquaman

Moab Trivia: Who can name these legs???? And what trail are they on???

Yes, ya'll guessed correctly!

The legs belong to Rick and Char!
06020037.JPG

Now was it a bad hair day or were they getting an air enima? :rolleyes:

So do I win a prize Aquaman? :)

Originally posted by Aquaman
Gerald - that was me that took the Gemini Bridges picture of Jared's, Kevin's, and my truck. I hiked around the rim until I got straight across. It didn't take that long. It's a cool area. Look at the birds nest my wife found.

I'll have to check that view out next year :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Kris Guilbeaux
So do I win a prize Aquaman? :)
Yes you do Kris. Your prize is the socks that Rick and Char were wearing in that photo. See Rick to collect your prize. :p

Back