• Register Today It's free!

Bad camshaft Synch

MDmounty

Reaction score
City, State
Preston, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty V8
So I've got a bad camshaft Synch again. I put a dorman one in ~6000 miles ago and the chirping has come back. Ive heard bad things like that about the dorman ones so I wanted to know which one is the highest quality one to get that will last.
Thank you for any input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Motorcraft would be the highest quality, in my opinion, but they are $100 vs. $40 for the other ones, at least on Rockauto.

I installed a Cardone cam synchonizer last year. So far it has been quiet, but I'm not sure it will last 120,000 miles / 18 years like my original Motorcraft one did.

I have put in two richporters on 5.0s. One has about 10k miles at two years and the other about 20k miles at 1 year and no problems with either.

I'd spend the money (though I'm admittedly cheap) and buy the Motorcraft cam sync. "Do it right, do it once". I try to only buy Dorman products when there's no other choice, which unfortunately happens more often than I like with these older vehicles.

I'm gonna go with the motor craft one my original one lasted about 180,000 miles so I guess you can't beat that

Back