Bad PCM? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad PCM?

Ateballing

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
So I parked my 2001 sport trac about 3 months ago, and started it as little as two months ago. Now when I tried it nothing. So I put a new batt, now it cranks but won't start. I have put new fuel filter, plugs and wires, coil, and crankshaft position sensor. I'm still not getting fire. My friend told me he thinks it the PCM and only ford can mess with those. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you hearing the 5-10 second whirring sound of the fuel pump when you turn it to start?

If you hear the fuel pump as mentioned above, there is a chance it is the PCM. That's what happened to a 5.0 I had in storage through the winter months that somehow shorted out. Not saying that is your problem as there are other things it could be that are also cheaper to fix.

Yes I'm pretty sure I can hear the fuel pump. When I chech for spark with an extra plug I get none. Just curious how much does a PCM usually cost?

Could be your coils if there's no spark.

Back