Bad@ss speakers...need help though | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad@ss speakers...need help though

hornz2000

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
OK guys...I recently acquired a pair of Paradyme Digital3810SL speakers with list price of $1599.00 each. (I got both for $320.00 hehehe). Here are the stats:

Low Frequency Drivers:
2x8" Poly-Laminate Cone Design

Mid-Range Frequency Drivers:
5" Poly-Laminate Cone Design

High Frequency Drivers:
1" Silk Fiber Dome

Frequency Response:
28Hz - 20KHz +/-3dB

Sensitivity:
91dB/1 Watt/1 Meter

Nominal Impedance:
4-8 Ohms

Power Handling Capabilities:
RMS: 150 Watts/Channel
Peak: 350 Watts/Channel
MAX SPL: 111dB

Dimensions:
38"x10"x11"

I don't know if those will help at all but here is my problem:
The back of the speaker has 4 RCA jacks, 2 positive and 2 negative..Is there anyway I can use normal speaker wire with these or at least is there some kind of connector which will do RCA out speaker wire in? I would like to use these with a real nice stereo that uses normal speaker wire pinchers. Thanks a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you have dual voice coil speakers, you dont need any connecter pieces! Just speaker wire. Push down on the Speaker connecters and slide the wire in!

Don

Do you have a picture or do they have a website?
How did you get such a good deal? Think you could hook me up?

I don't think those are RCA inputs, they are binding posts. They do look a lot like RCAs, but they are meant to accept banana plugs. They can accept regular speaker wire too. The reason that you have two pair of them is that you can bi-amp the speakers if you want to. And yeah, can you toss that deal my way too? Paradigms are great speakers.

Mike

Mike, they are dual voice coil! and your right, either a banana plug or strait wire will do!!

Don

Thanks guys...I got them hooked up and they sound INCREDIBLE. They pound like a **** too, knocked a picture off the wall.

Back