Badlands 08 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands 08

When did you get a turbo diesel superduty? :eek:

Ha i wish i had one, Bigman got a older 250 with a blown 5.4 and hes gunna drop a new one in it. He says it'll be able to pull the bronco and the 92. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha i wish i had one, Bigman got a older 250 with a blown 5.4 and hes gunna drop a new one in it. He says it'll be able to pull the bronco and the 92. :rolleyes:

cars.com says 9800lbs towing capacity for a 99' standard cab f-250. the two trucks without the trailer will exceed that. as long as the setup is stable and stops well, i dont think acceleration and gas mileage is a big concern. the tranny might be though.

He says he's seen similiar stuff done before. And with what i've seen our Explorers tow in the Towing section i think we'll be fine. We still need to find out were to rent one so i can actually BEAT on my X while we are there.

On the plus side our friend with his 2wd sport has his 4 inch lift on and my old 33s and rims. Should have 4wd soon and we are going to figure out why its overheating so he can come to Badlands.

On the negative side with broke a u-joint in Bigman's bronco today offroading.... i had to pull him up a hill (as well as the other X) so we could leave.

Anyone confident they will be going yet?

sounds good. i'm definitely getting a mini spool. and i'm beating the hell out of the stock suspension. it should be FUN!

edit 5/8/8: mini spool bought... lets put an $85 ebay mini spool to the test. :)

i doubt you'd need/want 40ft gooseneck. i have no clue where you could rent one. that 5.4l would really blow towing that load. You're looking at a good 14k load at least on that trailer. I'd do it with my dodge, but still know it'd be working hard. That's with an engine with more HP and double the torque. Heck, the 5.4 would be slow with 1 truck behind it. I dunno where Bigman heard of people doing that. And, just cause they do it, doesn't mean it's right. :eek:

i doubt you'd need/want 40ft gooseneck. i have no clue where you could rent one. that 5.4l would really blow towing that load. You're looking at a good 14k load at least on that trailer. I'd do it with my dodge, but still know it'd be working hard. That's with an engine with more HP and double the torque. Heck, the 5.4 would be slow with 1 truck behind it. I dunno where Bigman heard of people doing that. And, just cause they do it, doesn't mean it's right. :eek:

Yeah i can't seem to find where to rent one anyway so unless i feel like slapping a hitch on my Lightning or renting a F150 looks like i'll be driving my X there :(

Clocks ticking away, less than a month left! Confirmation from anyone yet?

Since noone will buy my sploder, I plan on pulling the axles out and putting them under my 93 bronco. IF I CAN MAKE IT, this would be a perfect weekend to tear the **** out of my sploder, maybe even flop it once or twice. I plan on taking the body to the scrap yard anyway once I get everything out of it so why not beat the ever living crap out of it before I do.

Would anyone be interested in seeing that? Just as long as I dont tear up my axles, I will do just about anything to it!!!!!!! :salute:

As much as i love explorers i don't like the idea, BUT since you were sending it to the scrap yard anyway i'd take some pics and video :D

As much as i love explorers i don't like the idea, BUT since you were sending it to the scrap yard anyway i'd take some pics and video :D

I will be bringing my camcorder so I want some video. I can't get too crazy cause I don't have a cage inside, but I will flop it till it don't run anymore!!!! I can think of a few places where I can squeeze it to cause some major damage.

JMan, Im mounting my rims and tires today. The lift kit is on my porch waitng for me to get home and my shacklles should be in by friday. Im planning on installing it all next weekend. So the truck should be ready, its all still on the pool tournament that im in and how far my team goes. Im pulled both ways on what happens....go to national championship in Vegas/go to Badlands......I got the PM you sent with your number and ill call you if I can make it.

I will be bringing my camcorder so I want some video. I can't get too crazy cause I don't have a cage inside, but I will flop it till it don't run anymore!!!! I can think of a few places where I can squeeze it to cause some major damage.

I see a video similar to the how to kill a jeep video...

I'm actually going to make a decision about the job offers I have this afternoon, then we will start looking for a house ext, so I won't know for sure until about a week before. If my dad is done planting by then I may ask him to come along, so the explorer can be pulled by his 150.

nobody wants to buy your sploder? that is a nice truck!

do you have an add in the FS forum?

JMan, Im mounting my rims and tires today. The lift kit is on my porch waitng for me to get home and my shacklles should be in by friday. Im planning on installing it all next weekend. So the truck should be ready, its all still on the pool tournament that im in and how far my team goes. Im pulled both ways on what happens....go to national championship in Vegas/go to Badlands......I got the PM you sent with your number and ill call you if I can make it.

Alright, i got alot to do too in the next coming weekends.... :confused:

Anyone else?

MINI-SPOOLED!!!! so as long as it doesnt explode on me... should be pimpin. At work, they are clearing the land behind the building so i had free reign to romp over whatever i wanted, and being locked up was SWWWEEEEEETTTTTTT! cant wait for the badlands now! :D

I want a mini spool..... hell i just wish i could get towed out there so i wouldn't have to worry bout breakin anything.

The yellow TJ that went to cliffs with me will also becoming and i think a guy from my school with another TJ.

Bigman MIGHT not make it, his new motor for his 250 will be here friday and i think he needs to fix the Bronco again (murdered a driveshaft)

I'm still not sure if I'll make it either, I took a job in Pella, IA and we'll be moving down the week before. I have feeling i might not make it, but if there's a run in August I should be open.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got my brake controller and weight distribution hitch today. everything is all wired up. man... i could use that $600 gov't check sometime soon. there is so much crap i want to buy..... all in an effort to save the economy of course :D

Back