Badlands 08 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands 08

Bring him with as your co-pilot!:p:
Well I'll definitely mention it to him. But I think his age is starting to get to him. He underwent surgery almost two weeks ago. But he's a fighter so we'll see if he comes or not... did you know he survived a plane crash back in '64? Yeah that's right, the guy is almost indestructible!!

300h.jpg

But I want to reinforce that I'm not 100% positive on this trip yet, I still have a D60 to swap in for the D44 -- amongst other things on my "to-do" list.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they have trails that a stock truck could run? I am not sure what type of trails there are there, in fact I didn't even know they had trails they would let you run on.

Do they have trails that a stock truck could run? I am not sure what type of trails there are there, in fact I didn't even know they had trails they would let you run on.

I'm under the impression that every offroad park has a variety of trails from stock to extreme so that it will appeal to those that don't have the time/interest/funds to build something crazy.

Well I'll definitely mention it to him. But I think his age is starting to get to him. He underwent surgery almost two weeks ago. But he's a fighter so we'll see if he comes or not... did you know he survived a plane crash back in '64? Yeah that's right, the guy is almost indestructible!!

But I want to reinforce that I'm not 100% positive on this trip yet, I still have a D60 to swap in for the D44 -- amongst other things on my "to-do" list.

Ok i'm lost as to this whole IZwack for president/i.l. senator thing. Can i get a basic rundown? Are you actually a senator?

Ok i'm lost as to this whole IZwack for president/i.l. senator thing. Can i get a basic rundown? Are you actually a senator?

Not just any senator, he's Barack Obama...or maybe not.

Do a search for his name. Then you can find out and see him in the badlands! Maybe check out his registry, too!

(Many people have wondered this too, so don't feel alone.)

I just want to let you have some fun too....:D:D:D

Cool now i look like this guy :confused:

I thought he was actually a Senator and just happened to LOOK like Obama and so someone made this into a big joke.

Ok guys i should be in on this. I would love to have the Lime Green monster out there for this event.

I was at badlands the last time EF had a run there in 06. It was a blast. There were stock trails that were just a good warm up for the bigger guys. I loved it.

Oh and Mr. Obama i am offically not happy with you. 10 hrs. Thats crazy. Your closer than me.

Looking forward to talking and planning this trip.

im definitly down for this trip...dates dont matter, i graduate in may and i can take off work no prob. i should be 'done' with my list of projects too...rebuilding IFS, body lift, tires, gears, etc...and looks like sliders have been added to the list.

hey burns, i googled it an got..."364 mi – about 5 hours 58 mins" thats comin from hermitage, tn. not too bad.

Well it took me longer than ten to get there. lol I putted around and took my time. Plus i drove the explorer there so it seemed like such a long drive. lol

Is your X even street legal Burns?

Yes. I comply to every law that TN has. Even took it to the local state trooper office and ask them some questions to see if it was legal.

That's cool, i'd think the bumper height and/or tires sticking out wouldn't comply.

I asked about the bumper before i built it. In TN the bumper can be up to 31". I am at 30.75" Very Close.

The tires according to state law are fine. The state troopers office couldnt find anything pertaing to me. Only semi's have to have mud flaps.

Mud flaps are for the weak of heart....that and those who don't like to get muddy

Mud flaps are for the weak of heart....that and those who don't like to get muddy
:wavey:
Thats me!
I can deal with rock rash but not mud :D

I want to check this course/trail out (from the '07 XRRA):
2550180160101593207S600x600Q85.jpg

2361118820101593207S600x600Q85.jpg

Nothin better than kickin up a rooster tail of mud though, untill its caked on your truck for days and you need a powerwasher to get it off...

EDIT: Oh okay i got like four of those haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back