Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are gonna make me have to forgo my pre-runner plans just so I can go to this run, it sounds like a blast. Now I'm gonna have to do a TT/Helper/Shackles and 31's just so I can go play! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah.. just dont ever cut the mirror off with battery conected. it shorts out the 4wd system and leaves you embarased with 2wd open diffs in the middle of the park..... not fun. anything good you did is nulled by the fact that your truck is now disabled due to losing your mirror.

The latest list:

1. Brian Owens - Splashman - 2-3 - plaque
2. Dustin Allison - Dman726749 1-2 - plaque
3. Rick and Char - 4 - plaque
4. Aric Donnelly - MyNameIsAric - 2-3 - plaque
5. John Hutson - cableguy - 4- plaque
6. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 -plaque
7. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
8. Mike Arnswald - Arnie897 - 1,2 - plaque
9. Matt Persman - MattPersman - 1,2 - plaque
10. Andre Hryn - dre - 2 - plaque
11. Eric Chamberlain - mechanix - 4 - plaque
12. Gerald Jarrett - Gjarrett - 4 - plaque
13. Bill Kemp - 1 - Plaque
14. Tom Davis - tdavis - 4 - plaque
15. John DeRocha - DeRocha - 3- plaque
16. Chad Rogers - Nissanboy - 3,4 - plaque
17. Lee Ravenel - Slravene - 1,3 - plaque
18. Richard w Santose - frdtrckmnrich - 3,4 - plaque
19. David Ast - Bronco638 - 3 - Plaque
20. Ronnie Alesia - bluetandem77 - ? - plaque
21. Paul Neubert - Paul N. - 3 - plaque
22. Brian Reid - SVO42 - 1,2 - plaque
23. Peter Klockars - RFR2212 - plaque - 3
24. Brad Bottoms - cougarx - plaque - 3
25. Dave haughs - Taxx - plaque - 4
26. Charles Sifers - chazzone - plaque - 3
27. Eric R. La Voie - sn8kman - plaque - 2

Looking good:D:chug:

I may drop back to a trail rating of 3...my SAS won't be done by then based on the current Christmas shopping bills my wife is generating! :(

I know camping was talked about a few pages back at the campground at the entrance of the Badlands was talked about. I see on there site that it is for sale. Has anyone called to check this out? I would like to make reservations like everyone else would I assume, and I would like to stay with the "group". Rick I know you said something about calling them or emailing them, just curious what you found out.

Eric

The campground WILL BE OPEN. It has been for sale for a while now. Even if it does sell, it will reopen. There is plenty of room at the campground. I have never seen it even close to being full. If you are wanting full hookup, you might want to call ahead, but just primative camping there is plenty of room. We had 60 or so rigs at the last chubfest and there was still plenty of room.

hey guys i just bought a 99 for ranger ext and i havnt got any mods on it yet and i dunno if ill have time to before the trip(besides tires). will i be able to go and keep up? lol without being pulled everywhere

I'm sure someone else will chime in, but i'm 99.99% sure your very welcome to come with and join in the festivities. There will be different trail difficulties ranging from "stock or slightly modified" to "expect to damage or break something unless you have a seriously modified rig". Plus a ranger with any sort of offroad package(edge, FX1 or FX2) has more round clearance and bigger tires than a stock explorer(i think..i know the FX2 does)

on a side note, I got my dad to agree to trailor in my truck with his F250 :) Its no "Pumpkin" that deserves a trailor by any means, but at least i dont have to worry about trying to fix it at 4 30 on sunday to get it home if something goes wrong.

Breakover angles will be the worst thing for you. A lot of the stocker trails have lots of up and downhill runs. Other than that, you should be fine and will have tons of fun runnin most of the park. Plus you can always hop in with someone and hit the tougher stuff.

great sound like fun not for shure if i can make it but im 99% shure. i might bring my atv. anybody else bringing a atv?

brad_ellis73 said:
great sound like fun not for shure if i can make it but im 99% shure. i might bring my atv. anybody else bringing a atv?

Just so you know, atvs arent allowed in alot of the places where the trucks will be, like the quarry and creek...

I've got alot of saving, welding and patching, but the bronco will live!

I will try and be there. Maybe on 36s and maybe not. If I'm on my 36s I'll be a definate but if not I may be a maybe.

Have any decisions been made about who will lead the runs? We seem to have a good mix of big dawgs and stock/ super stocks so we'll need at least two leaders per day.

If I may suggest... I think cableguy should lead one of the groups. He knows the park better than anyone else IMO... :thumbsup:

I hope to make it. I have some doubts that my sas will be finished so i may still be rockin the 31"s and spacer lift but i'm not concerned about body damage anymore...ORANGE TRAIL HERE I COME!! lol

lol wifey just read my post and said i need "safety ****"...should i tell her that my only saftey equipment is my miller high life hat lol

I'll lead whatever trail you want. Most of the trails have easy stuff (even the pink) and hard stuff also. I think on one day I would like to take the more modified trucks out and see how many I can flop over!!! :D just kiddin!

Whatever you want.

Hey rick, did you contact troy and see about the night run? We had 31 trucks go out @ Chubfest and it was a blast!!! Totaly different park once the sun goes down!!

cableguy? Who are you on rrorc? Jdubya??

cableguy said:
I'll lead whatever trail you want. Most of the trails have easy stuff (even the pink) and hard stuff also.
Whatever you want.

Hey rick, did you contact troy and see about the night run?

Sounds good, on leading. But I think we are going to need two leaders per day. One for the mild and one for the wild :D

No I didn't contact Troy about a night run. Do you want to do that since you probably know him better? Or should I?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I'm Jdubya on the rrorc board.

Rick, I can call him and set that up. You have allready set up the dates with them so they will put it on their website right? I know they didn't have a calendar up when you talked to them last.

There will be plenty of guys there who will know their way around the park. Troy has also done a good job in the last couple months of marking the trails so they are easier to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back