Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent my reservations to the Attica Campground, but never recieved a reply. I just called and their number is disconnected. Their website shows the campground is up for sale.

Does anyone know what's going on??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I was at Badlands for the Superlift event they had an area setup for a BBQ. Any chance we could get that area for Saturday night and do our own BBQ??

i dont know anything about it being for sale, but i do know that they close the campground part around october-november for the winter months.

as for the bbq, you talking about the "pit" areas jsut down the hill inside the main gate? they have a food trailer there where you can buy burgers and fries. if we cant get that area i am sure we can bbq in the campground

I don't remember the details of the area well. I just remember they had an area with covered outdoor seating and a BBQ that Superlift probably brought along themselves. I'm sure we could come up with enough grills between us to burn meat for the group :D

That was just set-up for the Superlift event. All they have is the Pit-stop down in the parking area... and now it's not that building anymore but a trailer. I think there is a possibility that they will allow some grilling. Rick, when we ran at that Superlift event there was no camp at the park... at least not yet. They set it up along the left side of the access road. It's harder now to get to the quarry... got to go through the park, through sand dunes and stuff. That side access road was closed last time I was there. It's now going though middle of the camp area.

I'm so hungry for an explorer style BBQ it hurts. So where are the majority of people going to be camping?

Dustin....where are you camping? Wanna go in on a site together?

the campgrounds right outside the gate mostlikey as i see that as the place most people will be...they really dont have tent sites persay, its like the carrols, just pay some money and stake your parcel of land :lol:

excellent

camping... haha i havent even thought about that. this might be my first camping trip. :) i'll just steal someone elses plan for this trip that sounds good.

The campground has been for sale for the last year and a half. When we were there for the RRORC's Chubfest, the had not had any offers. The campground probably is closed for the season, but I e-mailed them to find out. If the campground is closed for sure Summer's is probably the next best place. Either way we can call and researve a large area so that everyone is togeather.
As far as a BBQ goes, cableguy can probably ask about that when he sets up the night run plans. John if you need help with anything, let me know. I can come down a day early or something to help out. :thumbsup:

Serious Explorations to Celebrate 10th Anniversary in 2006 with Multiple Events

PHOENIX, December 1 – Serious Explorations, the Internet’s #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast community, will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2006 with events in Moab, Utah; Attica, Indiana; and Crozet, Virginia.

Serious Explorations was launched in 1996 by Rick Horwitz of Phoenix, Arizona. Horwitz wanted to show how capable the Ford Explorer could be.

“As the term ‘sport utility vehicle’ replaced ‘four-by-four,’ many owners also thought the ruggedness of the four-wheel drive vehicle was lost,” said Horwitz.

“In actuality, the Ford Explorer was as capable as any four-wheel drive predecessor. I knew it, and thought others should, too.”

Horwitz’s creation, which includes multiple interactive forums, blossomed to over 40,000 members. These members represent stock as well as highly-modified off-road and street-cruising Ford Explorers, Mercury Mountaineers, Mazda Navajos, and Ford Rangers. Owners and fans of the vehicles share maintenance tips, modifications, and plan enthusiast events across the country and globe.

The success of Serious Explorations has not gone unnoticed. Ford Motor Company engineers accompanied members in their off-road explorations of Moab, Utah; Colorado’s ghost towns and 13,000 foot peaks; and the Southern California desert’s Truck Haven Hills.

“In addition to having a great time,” Horwitz commented, “the engineers learned much about how we challenge our vehicles off of the pavement.”

In 2006, the community will celebrate the success of Serious Explorations with three off-road events across the United States. The first, on May 13-14, will be held in Moab, Utah, where owners will explore Utah’s famed slickrock trails. On June 17-18, owners will traverse the Badlands Off-road park in Attica, Indiana. Finally, on June 24-25, owners will gather in Crozet, Virginia. Each event will be highlighted by a dinner and raffle.

Horwitz can’t help but show pride in the online community.

“Even though the group became quite diverse, it never lost its community feel,” said Horwitz. “We have unmodified vehicles, some of the lowest low-riders, and some of the most capable four-by-fours you will ever see.

“For as different as our vehicles can be, we all share a common enthusiasm for the vehicles and a common bond between community members.”

Serious Explorations can be located www.explorerforum.com and www.explorer4x4.com

I just snail mailed press releases to Off-Road, Fourwheeler, 4WD&SU, and Off-Road Adventures. I also emailed their editors with the info. I also went around to a bunch of the "big" 4x4 sites and sent their editors press releases. Hopefully we'll get some good press from this.

Oh and I also emailed one of the engineers from Ford that I have kept in touch with. I asked him if he could reccomend a person within Ford to send the PR to. Who knows, maybe Ford would like to join us again. :thumbsup:

campground has been for sale, but will reopen in the spring. NO worries on that. The guy that owns it has his parents run it (tractor nazzi for those familiar). Anyway, like I said before, it is much much easier to get in and out 0f that place when you stay at the campground there.

I could possibly get ahold of a BIG grill and get it there since I am the closest. We should make sure that is ok with them and that won't happen till spring. I can get it on short notice also so no big deal.

PS just spent all day there for the toys for tots run. Troy has cut new trails and they seem to be pretty challenging. Going back tomorrow without the family so I can tear stuff up.

If only I still had my Explorer I'd be there.
Only an hour from my place and it has some really great runs that will surely test all the Explorers that can make it.

I can make it! I will prolly be towin my sammy i am buildin up. (It better be done by then!)
If not, i will be there in the ranger.

I don't have time to read this whole thread, but Rick, there is a campground outside of the park (right at the entrance) now. It wasn't there when you were up here last. Once you have an idea of the number of people you can call and get them to set aside a portion of the campgrounds.

I think we had about 100 trucks there and people camping last July and had no problems. You can also ignore their No Alcohol rule in the campground at night. It think that sign is just there for insurance reasons and the park during the day.

I will be there, may or may not have an open seat and will most likely camp.

So what's the policy on other non-members that want to come and "show up the explorers"????

I never said it was me. My friends like to give me crap all the time for what we drive though... :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back