Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the current list:

1. Dustin Allison - Dman726749 1-2 - plaque
2. Rick and Char - 4 - plaque
3. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 -plaque
4. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
5. Mike Arnswald - Arnie897 - 1,2 - plaque
6. cancelled
7. Andre Hryn - dre - 2 - plaque
8. Eric Chamberlain - mechanix - 4 - plaque
9. Gerald Jarrett - Gjarrett - 4 - plaque
10. Bill Kemp - 1 - Plaque
11. John DeRocha - DeRocha - 3- plaque
12. Chad Rogers - Nissanboy - 3,4 - plaque
13. Ronnie Alesia - bluetandem77 - ? - plaque
14. Peter Klockars - RFR2212 - plaque - 3
15. cancelled
16. cancelled
17. Charles Sifers - chazzone - plaque - 3
18. Eric R. La Voie - sn8kman - plaque - 2
19 Jeff Glancy - Jefe - plaque - will be riding shotgun
20. Guy Fredrick - glfredrick - plaque - 4
21. Jonathan B. Burns - Burns - plaque - 3,4
22. Chris Maxson - white95explorer - plaque 2
23. Mike Nees IndyExplorer - plaque - 4
24. Doug Napier - tsgolo - plaque - 3
25. Jonathon Hill - hillz24 - plaque 2,3
26. James Morrison - hckyrugb - plaque - 2,3
27. Mahdey Shaheen - '97 V8 - plaque - 3
28. Brian Reid - SVO42 - plaque - 2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still in even if I have to drive just my Mounty... would not miss it.

It looks though that I might be able to bring my former Un-Limited back to Attica... should pick it up on Tuesday... truck is coming back to me... :D hope I can have it ready by then.

I've gotta pass also, finanaces aren't so good and my motor is rattelin a little more than i care for. Unfortunately my new motor is not ready yet....408 baby! So i'm not thinkin i should go that far. However rick, if your comin up into mi i could take you into baldwin for some trail ridin and to silver lake sand dunes for some dune runnin. let me know. I really wish i could make this though..

If anyone needs a trail truck for Attica... I've got a 91 EB that has a 2" body lift... perfect truck to wheel. I was thinking about bringing this truck to the Badlands for the anniversary run to beat it around. I know that they do not allow unregistered vehicles to run so it might not be possible... if anyone is interested though, let me know - truck is for sale...

Burns said:
well i would like to meet up with you guys. leaving at that time will be great. so are u guys staying with atticacamping.com. i am thinking of getting a room down there

Sorry, I just saw this!

We are staying at Attica Family Camping -- the place right by the park.

Andrew Brier [atticafamilycamping@yahoo.com]

I have several sites reserved. It also looks like we'll be bringing a contingent up with us from Louisville -- good guys that love to wheel and who will mix well with the crowd!

My junk's ready! :thumbsup:

Dre said:
I know that they do not allow unregistered vehicles to run so it might not be possible... if anyone is interested though, let me know - truck is for sale...

What are you talking about. badlands doesn't care. You just can't drive it around town. You can drive an unregistered vehicle in Badlands. Its a private park. :thumbsup:

taxx said:
What are you talking about. badlands doesn't care. You just can't drive it around town. You can drive an unregistered vehicle in Badlands. Its a private park. :thumbsup:

I've seen something about insurance requirement... don't know if I can get my truck insured without first registering it.

Dre said:
I've seen something about insurance requirement... don't know if I can get my truck insured without first registering it.

Well round these parts you have to have insurance first before you can get a plate. However, I would venture to guess when we have a run (RRORC) that 50% or more of the trucks there are not licensed or insured. The guess in that sentence is the 50%. I know of several of them that are not licensed or registered and are dedicated trail rigs.

Not calling you a lier. I wouldn't doubt if you saw that in the rules. Similar to no trailers in the campground rule. Its just there but they don't enforce it as a rule. You never know maybe someday they will enforce it, but I have seen a whole lot of vehicles there that are not streetable and I seriously doubt they have insurance. Your insurance wouldn't cover you in there anyways.

Im only half sure if i can attend, have to fix it or sas it.. Im leaning to sas.The last trail outings i beat up the sploder pretty bad, rear springs are bent/ s shaped bad, rear qtr window knocked out, cracked the passenger side ttb drop bracket bad, the only straight panels on it are the passenger side fender and door. So lesson learned dont follow a Ranger truggie with 46's thats in this years Top Truck Challenge
1975421_27_full.jpg

1975421_29_full.jpg
Dont Follow Him
So its SAS time. I will go down and watch and camp...anyone have a seat open thats going on 3+ trails???

taxx said:
Not calling you a lier. I wouldn't doubt if you saw that in the rules. Similar to no trailers in the campground rule. Its just there but they don't enforce it as a rule. You never know maybe someday they will enforce it, but I have seen a whole lot of vehicles there that are not streetable and I seriously doubt they have insurance. Your insurance wouldn't cover you in there anyways.

it's not that... I was thinking about taking the truck just to beat it... don't know if they do allow trucks with no insurance... they never asked anyway.

For the money I'm asking for it, it would be worth just taking it there and let other guys drive it... the guys that will not bring their trucks.

On this run I'm gonna be driving my Un-Limited - I'm like 50% sure for now... even though I just got it back I don't even know what it will need to make it trail worthy... will know more tomorrow... I hope.

Dre, can you bring it. My sister can drive it. She's just graduated highschool and is sorta startin to like the sport of offroading.

I lost my tranny yesterday.... :p But will have one in this weekend so I will still be ready for this run. not sure what day I will get there. I can guide the green and the orange. May not run any harder since I was expecting this EFI to get done much sooner to have time to break it in, build my sliders and finish my cage. But we will see what mood I am in when I get there.

There seems to be only about 5 people posting for this run and I seriously doubt 32 are going to show up. I'm probably out for this run. I've got 3 others planned in a short amount of time around this one. Not totally sure yet, but not looking good.

yeah... i think i'm still on the list.. and shouldnt be... unless someone wants to come look at my front diff and fix it for me. i have no money to fix it... and i'd be willing to get rid of the front diff with 4.56 gears and a powertrax for 300 bucks. the powertrax is sprung shut. it is not working properly. if you know anything about those kind of lockers i'm sure you could get it working. there is $650 plus labor in that diff, but i need to pay off my new motor. everything was done back in october or november so there is not a whole lot of miles on it either.

I am still going. I can't wait!

I dont know if this was discussed but what time to we meet up on the 16th and start running trails?

cableguy said:
There seems to be only about 5 people posting for this run and I seriously doubt 32 are going to show up. I'm probably out for this run. I've got 3 others planned in a short amount of time around this one. Not totally sure yet, but not looking good.

Oh come on... you practically live next to the Badlands... :rolleyes:

BTW, I plan on sending out an email to everyone who registered today or tomorrow. We should then have a better idea of who is still planning on attending.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Email just went out to all those who sent in a registration form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back